North American tour thread

Re: USA tour date on Livenation!

IF an MN. date is mentioned, you will see me going more ballistic than I have ever gone. Still, my dad and I might try to make the Chicago show which I'm quite sure will be mentioned.

Re: USA tour date on Livenation!

Awesome! thats a 6 hour drive from where i live! Saw em there on the last date of the SBIT tour, then in texas this year. Glad they kept there promise and are coming back to florida in 2011! :yey:

Re: Official thread for the North American tour.

Here is a quote from Steve:

The UK shows will be the culmination of The Final Frontier World Tour, which began in June 2010 with a hugely successful 25 date tour throughout North America, followed by selected European stadium and festival shows, including Knebworth Sonisphere in the UK. As recently announced, early next year Ed Force One will fly the band, crew and equipment 50,000 miles around the World visiting thirteen countries before the band take a short break prior to the extensive European Tour (more announcements soon) of which the UK is the final leg.
HOWEVER! Steve says they'll be taking a short break before the UK tour. Denmark, which is the first date listed after the Florida dates, isn't in the UK and it still says "Plenty more 2011 dates to be announced!" on their tour page so I'm still hopeful for a full NA tour in the period of April 18-June 30.

I wish someone would interview Steve or Bruce and ask them if they plan to do a full NA tour fully supporting TFF and if they say no, ask why not.

Re: Official thread for the North American tour-Only 2 Florida dates so far.

I'm doubting it's going to happen.  At the most we'll see a four or five city tour like Dance of Death.

It simply doesn't fit time-wise.

How do you figure? Maiden can easily do 25-30 dates in 2 and a half months.

First of all, it's not two and a half months.  There's probably going to be 15 or so European dates in advance of Roskilde.  Call it month and a half at most.

Secondly, Maiden will take a well-deserved break after the spring tour.  I doubt they're going to interrupt it for a small North American tour.

http://www.ironmaiden.com/index.php?categoryid=15
April 17-May 17 is 1 month. May 17-June 17 is 2 months. Well, it's very close to 2 and a half. And if they do add more European dates, then they for sure won't do anymore N.A. dates.

Ya, it is very possible that they'll want to take a break after spring so why are they even bothering to come here and play just 2 dates in the first place? That doesn't make sense. Then again, the 2004 DOD short tour didn't make sense either.

Oh well. I just have to be VERY thankful that I saw them twice.

Also: http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread ... 063&page=3 Look at post #97.

Still though. Maiden had their BEST USA charting album EVER and they're not going to tour to fully support it? :wtf: Maybe, just maybe we'll get a fall tour.
At least I'm FINALLY going to see Blind Guardian! :rocker:

I have changed the title of this thread to "North American tour thread". Travis, do not change it.

All you Maidenfans, please follow these guidelines:

No more threads with "Official" in the title, please. If we need official threads, the mods will start them.

Do not change thread titles frivolously. Title-changing only makes sense for games threads. If it's a discussion, leave the title alone so participants can find it.

The thread title is usually not the place for the latest news on a topic. A title should be general and concise.

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
http://www.ironmaiden.com/index.php?categoryid=15
April 17-May 17 is 1 month. May 17-June 17 is 2 months. Well, it's very close to 2 and a half. And if they do add more European dates, then they for sure won't do anymore N.A. dates.

Ya, it is very possible that they'll want to take a break after spring so why are they even bothering to come here and play just 2 dates in the first place? That doesn't make sense. Then again, the 2004 DOD short tour didn't make sense either.

Oh well. I just have to be VERY thankful that I saw them twice.

Also: http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread ... 063&page=3 Look at post #97.

Still though. Maiden had their BEST USA charting album EVER and they're not going to tour to fully support it? :wtf: Maybe, just maybe we'll get a fall tour.
At least I'm FINALLY going to see Blind Guardian! :rocker:

They are adding more Europe dates.  There's no question about it.

And the reason they're "only" doing 2 dates is because it's at the tail end of a leg that is fundamentally different from a land-based tour.  It's not like they're bringing an entire production over solely for two dates.

We are not sure it is at the "tail end" of anything.  The two Florida dates may be at the tail end of that announcement only.  That leg of the tour may spread across North America, but final logistics and details are not yet confirmed, we don't know.  It is still possible that a short list pops up in the next announcement beginning with "New York" on April 19th, for example.

But it won't happen.  It's "Around the World in 66 Days", which ends April 17. 

And they're not going to segue right out of a tour on the plane into a land-based tour.  You have to think of the logistics.

It could very well be that the tour that just happened in North America was it! ... I mean it WAS called the Fianl Frontier Tour. So...we may just have to wait for a dvd of the show to see the new songs live. Personally I don't know why they bothered touring so early....but I have no say :)

No worries.  I live in Virginia Beach, and will be driving the 13 hours (picking up my 9 year old son in Atlanta on the way) and seeing them in Tampa.  Can't wait!  :rocker:

Deano said:
Oh sweet! You live in Virginia Beach, I didn't know that. Cool town.

Actually I live in Chesapeake, but it's all connected and doesn't really matter.  I can just as well say Norfolk.

You see, if the fellas could just find it in there hearts to add on a say, Chicago,  Los Angeles and a Vancouver show, we all could possibly see a show without making it a HUGE ordeal.  I do plan on somehow getting to Sunrise or more likely Tampa.  But jeese, it will be a huge trek and a serious hit to the purse strings...  Living in Southern California, this is a major disappointment so far, this upcoming tour.  Making it to Florida is an epic journey.  Come on fellas, one of you must be reading these threads!!  Nicko....Steve...Rod!!  Someone!! help us here in the states!!  ):

Back