Nightwish

Well, I think I can now firmly say that Floor's my favourite Nightwish singer, with Tarja being my least preferred. I'm not sure why - probably her accent and style.
075.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I think I can now firmly say that Floor's my favourite Nightwish singer, with Tarja being my least preferred. I'm not sure why - probably her accent and style.
Don't you dare insult the Finnish accent!
But I think I agree with your ranking.

Finally got around to trying the new Nightwish album, was putting it off because I didn't want to be influenced by the negative reviews too much.

Have to say, it's pretty disappointing. I had high hopes after how good of an album Endless Forms is. It's like they made The Greatest Show On Earth, one of their worst songs, into a full length album. Yikes.

The songs are just kinda dull and ploddy. There's some good riffing, but a lot of times the guitars are buried in the mix and there isn't really much going on with the orchestral stuff. Floor is seriously underutilized and Marco might as well not be there.

Have to say, it's pretty disappointing. I had high hopes after how good of an album Endless Forms is. It's like they made The Greatest Show On Earth, one of their worst songs, into a full length album. Yikes.
One of their worst songs? Damn man i think its an awesome song, the chorus rocks. 3 months after release my favourite tracks are harvest, pan , music tribal and endlessness.

I loved Endless Forms, especially The Greatest Show on Earth, but this album is honestly so forgettable. I have tried and tried to listen to it, but everytime I finish listening to a song from it, I instantly forget what I've just heard. I wanted to like it, but it just went in one ear and out the other :(
I found a good number of the vocal lines to be quite memorable, especially in the opener and singles.

I've grown to like the first disc. It's not great but certainly not as bad as I first thought. The orchestral clusterfuck ruins the overall enjoyment though.

Some of Nightwish’s touring crew have put together an album called Unemployed Blacksmiths under the moniker Crewish. The tracklist is as follows:

1. Sleeping Sun
2. Wish I Had An Angel
3. Amaranth
4. Nemo
5. Élan

Here’s the first track:

It’s actually really cool. They took the song to an entirely new dimension, and beefed things up a lot (think Rammstein). I’d be down to going through the whole album to be honest.

Yeah, it's definitely "what if Sleeping Sun was covered by Rammstein" version - and damn great at that. Not too serious, but well-crafted and fun.

From what I've heard, that's the case with the rest as well: they're fun to listen to, and give some of these songs some new, even if quirky, life. :) A charming record.

I always liked the instrumental ''Crimson Tide, Deep Blue Sea'' from the From Wishes To Eternity live album.

They've done a fantastic instrumental..... those melodies are pure Nightwish.

Last edited:
Back