Nights of the Dead, Legacy of the Beast: Live in Mexico City (new live album)

All these comments are making me not want to listen to the new live album. I'll wait until they retire, or something.

Make up your own mind, don't just accept what people moaning are saying.

Some people seem to be losing the plot, wanting a live album to sound like it's in the studio:lol: If you want a polished album listen to a studio one, live albums are supposed to be warts and all.

All these comments are making me not want to listen to the new live album. I'll wait until they retire, or something.
This is still better than no live album at all.

Edit: Listening to Hallowed now. Bruce does the intro better than ever before. The darker timbre and consistent vibrato throughout fits it perfectly.

Last edited:
Yeah, and reviews are good (something around 4/5 most of the time).

However, to me, this album suffers from poor production and the audience is just not there. I compared some songs with rock in rio and other live albums and the difference is quite big.

I will play this album many more times but still I'm glad that I didn't paid for it.

The vinyl standard edition is awaiting my pickup at the local supermarket's post office - Along with DoD.
I ordered it wednesday afternoon. Did not expect it to get here until after the weekend.

I want a live album that sounds like any given between RiR and En Vivo. Even Live Chapters which was a step down, but still good. I'd definitely have settled for the mix used for the tour videos on Maiden's youtube channel over this.

Last edited:
If you think that's what people want, I think you are the one who has lost the plot.

I know what people want; to have a whinge on the internet. When Maiden released nothing during Covid, people were saying they should be doing this and they should be doing that. Now they actually release a live album and people are criticising spelling mistakes on Spotify :lol:

I, and a lot of others, expect a certain level of quality. When that suddenly isn't met, we're not going to voice concern, annoyance or disbelief? What the hell is this message board for then?

Are they criticizing or are they just enjoying it?

Increasingly, I have the impression that there are people who confuse legitimate criticism with 'whining'.

I enjoy this one. We should thank the Maiden crew for the effort they made for this album, especially under the given extraordinary circumstances, from which the crew members must have really suffered.

As people already pointed out, it sounds so clinical, more like a rehearsal or a studio album, since there are no fans even in the choir of the clansman and FtGGoG -- in FtGGoG, the fans sound more like a second brutal vocal, as a result of all the suppression. I tend to take it as a difference instead of a defect, at least because I am sure I will be happy to listen to FtGGoG a million more times.

Bruce, Nicko and Steve have the upper hand in the very narrow soundstage. In some songs like FoI, this approach works perfectly well-- IMO this is the best version of the song. For other songs, especially those that require an airy presentation and the guitars to have better extension, like Sign of the Cross, the approach does not work very well.

I've heard all this criticism a thousand times, every album got it. @GhostofCain will remember the reception that Rock in Rio and BNW got on the official forum when they were released, now these albums are being hailed as fantastic :lol:

It's the same with everything Maiden do, it's never good enough.

message board

noun

1. a website or web page where users can post criticizing comments and/or bitch about a particular issue or topic and reply to other users' complaints and bitching.

Last edited:
Criticizing your favorite band means you care. I care, and not just about singing Maiden's praises. If this product was released by any other professional band, except maybe Priest, I just wouldn't bother either way. I wouldn't be bitching about it. I just wouldn't care. I'd move on and listen to something else. Criticism is good, especially when it actually has tangible merit.

Last edited:
Criticizing your favorite band means you care. I care, and not just about singing Maiden's praises. If this product was released any other professional band, except maybe Priest, I just wouldn't bother either way. I wouldn't be bitching about it. I just wouldn't care. I'd move on and listen to something else. Criticism is good, especially when it actually has tangible merit.
Certainly. Just having some fun...;)

Reactions: Yax
Certainly. Just having some fun...;)
Wasn't aimed at you! I thought it was funny as I had previously posted
I, and a lot of others, expect a certain level of quality. When that suddenly isn't met, we're not going to voice concern, annoyance or disbelief? What the hell is this message board for then?
I should've quoted srfc to make it clear who I was replying to.

Criticizing your favorite band means you care. I care, and not just about singing Maiden's praises. If this product was released any other professional band, except maybe Priest, I just wouldn't bother either way. I wouldn't be bitching about it. I just wouldn't care. I'd move on and listen to something else. Criticism is good, especially when it actually has tangible merit.

Normally, I wouldn't give two shits about people criticizing (or at least normally I'd ignore it), but I responded due to seeing a fellow fan say they won't even listen to an album on the basis of what they are reading.

Wasn't aimed at you! I thought it was funny as I had previously posted

I should've quoted srfc to make it clear who I was replying to.
I know. Just thought I would throw out there the true definition of a message board, lol.

Reactions: Yax
on the other hand, to be fair, the album is what was promised - a foretaste of the next Legacy of the Beast tour, something that was put together quickly under the influence of canceled 2020 shows. If you look at this, you can justify some shortcomings.

on the other hand, to be fair, the album is what was promised - a foretaste of the next Legacy of the Beast tour, something that was put together quickly under the influence of canceled 2020 shows. If you look at this, you can justify some shortcomings.
Actually, Maiden made it seem like they have planned this since last year! The 2021 calendar had the mexican event shirt for October, and they wrote on Twitter they play the long game at Maiden Towers.

Back