Nights of the Dead, Legacy of the Beast: Live in Mexico City (new live album)

Yes, it is a warm sort of sound. Cohesive (especially the guitar chords roll as one, wave after wave) but still the instruments are very audible (distinct drums and bass guitar).

When it came out, the main metal mag of my country reviewed the production as demo quality compared with the new Helloween (Better Than Raw).
I guess they had some anti-Blaze era bias when writing that nonsense, and mixed up content with mix/production.

Right, it's all very audible. The bass is very clear and prominent and the guitars/riffs are beefy yet distinct. I don't know about the drums, something about them makes em' feel off compared to the rest. Might be the snare - but it's no big issue and might just be me.

Not getting into the material on Virtual itself but I think I actually prefer the way the above song sounds to all of the last three Maiden albums.....
So I guess you like how DoD sounded. Virtual XI when it doesn't clip sounds very enjoyable. BoS on the other hand is very muffled, in your face, instruments have no room to breath and when extra instrumentation joins the mix (strings, keyboards etc) it's ultra fatiguing, the compression too. Probably it's Shirley to blame. Tony on this one live album got a good sound of the drums and stuff but the guitars are pushed too further back on the background

So I guess you like how DoD sounded. Virtual XI when it doesn't clip sounds very enjoyable. BoS on the other hand is very muffled, in your face, instruments have no room to breath and when extra instrumentation joins the mix (strings, keyboards etc) it's ultra fatiguing, the compression too. Probably it's Shirley to blame. Tony on this one live album got a good sound of the drums and stuff but the guitars are pushed too further back on the background

DoD was quite bad too.

Right, it's all very audible. The bass is very clear and prominent and the guitars/riffs are beefy yet distinct. I don't know about the drums, something about them makes em' feel off compared to the rest. Might be the snare - but it's no big issue and might just be me.
I guess you do not mean the relatively dull drumming? I still need to count the amount of times he hits (a) tom(s). Might be less than 10 times on the whole album!

Audacity should do it

Here it is, I guess you won't be happy with that as it's not very dynamic looking.

I might add, that I bought this from HD Tracks, not Onkyo, as Onkyo didn't sell to Ireland. There's a chance they are selling fake Hi-Def audio on HD Tracks as I also bought Somewhere Back in Time from them and I know that's a fake as the live tracks aren't mastered to fade out.

bnw.jpg

This isn't it, somewhere out there there is a good version. You can use spek to see if it's "Hi-Res" or not. Anyways hi res is crap avoid anything more than 44.1/16. More than 48khz isn't audible and just produces intermodulation as for bit depth, more than 16 also isn't audible and just consumes extra space. As for SBiT, avoid it's remastered opt for the CD instead

Official poster from NOTD.
Can you see on "WOTW" on the wall?
New album title?
W****** of the W*****

Attachments

• 0D100712-B2B0-4304-9D05-A0E491FFC4E8 (1).jpeg
    0D100712-B2B0-4304-9D05-A0E491FFC4E8 (1).jpeg
    99.3 KB · Views: 71
I’d love for Maiden to write an album with a half hour song adaptation of War Of The Worlds at the end.

Back