Nights of the Dead, Legacy of the Beast: Live in Mexico City (new live album)

I had forgotten about that announcement. Did it come before or after the infamous "no overdubs" tantrum from Steve? I'd love to be able to tweak the sound of my DVD to remove them!

About 10 years after if that date is correct!

It's funny to read that compression compromises the audio quality since all releases from brave new world onwards are compressed beyond belief

Muhaha

It sounds huge, very full. With my shitty system that is. Not on other people their non-shitty systems. ;---)
@Forostar Also keep in mind I stressed "I think" in the original post, drew the wrong conclusions based off a just a few DVDs and I was wrong on RiR - And happily so. This sounds better than the CD and is audibly less compressed. And if you can play it loud without any distortion and your woofers go down to 100 hz or so then your system is obviously not what I meant by as shitty either.

Last edited:
@Forostar Also keep in mind I stressed "I think" in the original post, drew the wrong conclusions based off a just a few DVDs and I was wrong on RiR - And happily so. This sounds better than the CD and is audibly less compressed. And if you can play it loud without any distortion and your woofers go down to 100 hz or so then your system is obviously not what I meant by as shitty either.
No prob. I appreciate your posts!

I was wondering, I couldn't imagine how that would have became an issue in 2012.
I mean if hallowed be thy name was an issue for beckett 40 years later, why not
Yes, I did. I bought it and LAD when it looked like the 2015 remasters of those albums weren't going to be released on CD.

They're good, if the new album comes out in that format I'd buy it, but with Onkyo music gone bust I doubt that will happen.
Can you show me the waveform of any song from RiR other than Arthur's farewell? Also the dead onkyo links are still on the maiden website

I mean if hallowed be thy name was an issue for beckett 40 years later, why not

Can you show me the waveform of any song from RiR other than Arthur's farewell? Also the dead onkyo links are still on the maiden website

I can, if you can tell me how I would get the waveform.

Yes, it is a warm sort of sound. Cohesive (especially the guitar chords roll as one, wave after wave) but still the instruments are very audible (distinct drums and bass guitar).

When it came out, the main metal mag of my country reviewed the production as demo quality compared with the new Helloween (Better Than Raw).
I guess they had some anti-Blaze era bias when writing that nonsense, and mixed up content with mix/production.

Last edited:
Back