Nights of the Dead, Legacy of the Beast: Live in Mexico City (new live album)

Soundstage is too narrow and congested due to the overemphasized bass and drums. The highs are also harsher than I would like, exactly in the way I thought the concerts were. Steve's parts are amazing, though. Optimistically, I take it just as a different taste after RiR version.

I love how up front the drum sound is. RIR will forever be my favorite Maiden live drum sound, but damn does Nicko sound excellent here!

I’m a big Janick fan but his solo in SOTC sounds awful :(

agree with the comments on the mix/production as well, sounds like a low budget bootleg

i saw LOTB twice in London in 2018, I cannot understand why they’d use audio from a show where Bruce was ill or not at his best. He sounded amazing in London

I don't know why but this version doesn't 'click' with me. Maybe it's the way it's mixed but something is off. And I like this song.

Now I'm afraid for Flight & Greater good quality (I wait for these songs mostly).

Bruce seems really excited about the new live album.... I bet he will be more excited about a new studio album.... :p

The production could have been better (especially when you know how fantastic they've sounded when you saw them live during LOTB tour)... dunno why they don't released a show from 2018 - one of the best years for Bruce, in terms of live performing.

If the guitar sound wasn't so shitty and frequency spectrally disconnected from the rest it could've been acceptable. But this really isn't. It's been polished to shit. Rough FM bootlegs sound better. And most importantly, the official LoTB tour videos sound better, by a large margin.

...and the issues with Production goes on and on and on :facepalm:
If someone on this board has some sort of connection to the Band's inner circle, for f* sake, say something. You know, guitars are very important for metal music. :mad:

If someone on this board has some sort of connection to the Band's inner circle, for f* sake, say something.

Steve's reply would probably be along the lines of "If you don't like it, don't buy it", which is an easy thing to say when you know that loads of people are going to buy it no matter how it sounds. :lol:

Sign of the Cross live 2000 Netherlands
just to listen it bootleg... and tell me it did't sounds better... old good times.
I’m not in the business of comparing performances that are 19 years apart. Think about how different they sound between 1982 and 2001. It’s clearly the same band but the performances change.

I can’t think of a rock band in their 60’s who sound just as good as they did in their 40’s. I think the version is very good for a band of their age.

Back