Nicko now endorsing British Drum Co!

He is Steve's nephew by the way and it wouldn't surprise me if he is Nicko's backup if Maiden need a new drummer.
Additionally, according to the Youtube credits, the dude who recorded him is Tony Newton, who did the remasters and the Book of Souls Live Chapter production.

And of course Nicko had to make this announcement at Robinsons Brewery? Does this mean a new drum-related beer?

Their kits sound pretty good to me:

It sounds fine on this video, but in a live setting, LOTB drum sound was probably one of the best I've ever heard live. We'll see next year. A lot is down to Pooch, but the kit brings a lot too.

I'll be quite dissapointed with Nicko if the BDC's sound worse than the Sonors, since the drum sound was great on TBOS and LOTB.

Somebody on the Instagram post speculated Nicko might be using a rack next year, since there's no tom mount or anything on top of the bass drum. Theoretically I could see it happen for a couple of reasons but we'll see. If it does then that'll be one of the biggest setup changes he's done in a while, ironically enough, despite changing drum companies twice since 2014 now.

Somebody on the Instagram post speculated Nicko might be using a rack next year, since there's no tom mount or anything on top of the bass drum. Theoretically I could see it happen for a couple of reasons but we'll see. If it does then that'll be one of the biggest setup changes he's done in a while, ironically enough, despite changing drum companies twice since 2014 now.

That's a quite big possibility. Considering that he used DW hardware a few years ago and used Sonor for the last few years, the hardware change is almost sure... The only question is will he go back to DW or something else.

That's a quite big possibility. Considering that he used DW hardware a few years ago and used Sonor for the last few years, the hardware change is almost sure... The only question is will he go back to DW or something else.
He’s never used a full line up of Dw hardware - just the pedal and hihat stand since around the time he switched to Premier.

Wasn't all of the hardware DW?
Nope. He used a rack designed by Tom Falicon from '93 - '02, with the top portions of Premier cymbal stands. After that, he used Premier Elite series hardware until he switched back to Sonor in '16 - at which point he started using Sonor stuff.

Pretty sure he's used DW pedals since around '93, and DW hi-hat stands up until TBOS, when Sonor made him a custom gold-plated stand.

Not that I'm aware- so maybe Nicko will finally go full DW
I checked their site and yeah, it doesn't seem like they do cymbal stands or such. That would definitely support the DW rack theory since a lot of DW artists seem to use them specifically.

Here's an "article" about the endorsement. It's really uninteresting, just pure PR fluff and nonsense the site shamelessly reprinted and passed off as "news" with a barely disguised endorsement. They even left in the terrible PR style formatting with bolded keywords. Here's the only interesting bit:

British Drum Co. PR said:
Perhaps most important is the sound of the BDC-drums that Nicko enjoys so much. But there are also other practical issues to consider when you are such a demanding artist. Everything will be revealed in our 2-hour interview with Nicko that we will publish as soon as possible.

So, maybe we'll hear the full story on the Sonor split at some point in the future. Probably not since those kinds of details are usually NDA'd material or otherwise legally unsound to share with the world. But I really don't see what the hell is there to talk about the company or drums for two flippin' hours otherwise. Unless it's some meticulously detailed tale of the process of founding the company and building the drums or something. At the very least I imagine we'll know details like the hardware situation by then.

Not sure if it's pure coincidence, but the drummers from both British Lion, and The Raven Age use BDC drums.

Is it the guiding hand of lord almighty, Harris? Just to throw some conspiracy into the mix.

Back