Nicko confirmes that tour starts in January.

Hasse78

Trooper
http://www.expressen.se/noje/1.798022/i ... llevi-2008

Nicko confirmes to swedish press that tour starts in january. they will also come to sweden summer of 2008 for a gig at Ullevi stadium.

hmm... and if the tour starts in january, that must mean that southamerika rumour is somewhat true. :)

Nicko is in sweden right now to meet his old friend Lasse Berghagen.  :bigsmile:
Aparently Nicko and golfer Jesper Parnevik amongs others party all night long yesterday in Stockholm. It was a long time since I had a hangover this big says nicko with a laugh.  :bigsmile:

Nicko said that A Matter Of Life And Death would be a concept album. Nicko has said a lot of other stuff in the past.

Wait for an announcement on the official website.

This all seems speculative at best.  And, this article says that Rock in Rio will not be in January in Rio next year, it will be in Portugal and Spain - in the summer. 

2008 Rock in Rio festival comes to Madrid for the first time

By Howell Llewellyn Feb 8, 2007, 18:46 GMT

The 2008 Rock in Rio festival is to be held for the first time in the Spanish capital, Madrid, organizers have confirmed. The giant concert event will be staged over two weekends, from June 27 to 28 and July 4,5 and 6, near the town of Arganda del Rey (population 45,000), some 20 kilometers from central Madrid.

Moreover, the festival will be twinned with a previously-announced Lisbon, Portugal leg, making it the first time Rock in Rio will be held in two countries in the same year. Rock in Rio Lisbon is to roll out over five days in May and June 2008.

What? That makes no sense...it's called Rock in RIO, not Rock in Madrid...

Anyways, maybe Maiden can make the trip out to Western Canada this time around. They said during the Toronto concert that they wanted to do a more extensive Canadian tour next time they were in North America...*crosses fingers for concerts in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver*

Liberation said:
What? That makes no sense...it's called Rock in RIO, not Rock in Madrid...

Anyways, maybe Maiden can make the trip out to Western Canada this time around. They said during the Toronto concert that they wanted to do a more extensive Canadian tour next time they were in North America...*crosses fingers for concerts in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver*

I'm hoping so  ;) I need an excuse to travel from coast to coast of this great country

It's also been in Lisbon last year with what's left of Guns'n'Roses headlining the event...Guess the brazilian organizers of the start have simply sold their licence to whoever is willing to launch a similar fest in their own country. Like a franchised store apart that it's a festival! There's nothing weird about that, it was the same with the "Monsters of rock" festival back in the days it was still held at Donington and labeled this way all across Europe. That's how i got to see Maiden in Manheim in 1992 & there even was two editions of french Monsters of Rock in 90 & in 91. So wonder no more, why should it be wrong? And as far as Rio in Brasil is concerned, there definitely should be an edition of Rock in Rio in early 2008, and Maiden should be playing there. At least that's what was told by the band last year during the promo for AMOLAD.

Looks like Nicko wasn't far wrong...

http://www.ironmaiden.com/index.php?categoryid=8&p2_articleid=664

The 'SOMEWHERE BACK IN TIME' World Tour 2008 will be in three sections, starting in February and March 2008 with the first leg encompassing major concerts in 20 selected cities on five continents in seven weeks including India, Japan, North America, Central and South America, and, of course, Australia, opening in Perth on Feb 4 and continuing through Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane...

As stated in another thread, the tour will kick off with a visit to Oz.

To tie in with forthcoming 2008 releases on DVD of the classic 'LIVE AFTER DEATH' and 'MAIDEN ENGLAND' concert videos (more details coming soon) this tour, aptly entitled 'SOMEWHERE BACK IN TIME', will revisit the band's history by focusing almost entirely on the 80's in both choice of songs played and the stage set, which will be based around the legendary Egyptian Production of the 1984-85 'Powerslave Tour'. This will arguably be the most elaborate and spectacular show the band have ever presented, and will include some key elements of their Somewhere In Time tour of 1986/7, such as the Cyborg Eddie.

Thankfully, it appears that 'Somewhere...' isn't going to be sidelined by the preceding and following albums, as Rod appears to reveal (although this could be the quaint British wit coming into play again)

"Following Bruce's  various hints from on stage this last year about our plans for 2008 ("We are taking some time off to build some pyramids!"), fans have been pestering me for details of the tour and especially asking which songs from that era will be played. That may be as easy as a run in the hills but we will keep our aces close to our chest on this issue. I know it would only take a couple of minutes but at this stage of planning, I'd have to be clairvoyant to know what they will do. I'm sure though it will be no revelation for you that we intend to make up for those wasted years by visiting a large number of hallowed metal venues around the world. Historically 'Powerslave' was an incredibly important album for the band and it would be madness if we didn't give the fans a taste of the full on Iron Maiden show from that time.  With our jumbo there really is no rime nor reason why the band cannot now visit fans almost everywhere as many have been real troopers to have waited this long. Heaven only knows what the band will choose but if l could and did tell you now l would have to shoot you! You'll all have to be patient and see. But it will be spectacular. No fear!!"

Unless he's taking the piss (which is likely), that makes 14 songs from the setlist, none of which are particularly esoteric, take that whichever way you will.

Perun said:
I doubt there even is a setlist yet.

Yup, and the way Rod wrote that piece is very much in keeping with the humour you'd expect from 50-something British men. :p

'SOMEWHERE BACK IN TIME'

:blink: :blink: Brilliant!  :lol:

This only means one thing!

ALEXANDUR THU GREAT! ;)

Did you guys see the bottum of the poster?
poster.jpg

They might play songs from all eighties albums?

and this?

"..will revisit the band's history by focusing almost entirely on the 80's in both choice of songs played and the stage set..."

OK people, again FOTD. ;)

I like this part:
"It will be enormous fun and by changing the approach to the songs we play tour by tour it keeps it fresh and interesting for both the band and the fans alike."

Yeah, the bottom of the poster definitely hints at a full eighties line-up.

Which to me is kind of weird. I thought that since the first tour was so focused they'd continue on that idea. However, I guess this means that this provides a chance to hear To Tame A Land, Charlotte The Harlot or Purgatory on tour again.

However, if they play Hallowed/Wrathchild/NOTB/RTTH, I'll be very disappointed.

I hope they use it as a chance to play the songs they omitted on the last tour. And I honestly doubt that Rod's comments are likely. Announcing a set-list like that (especially in a "sneaky" way so many fans would read it), could piss people off to no end.

Edit: Looking at the poster it still seems like Powerslave through Seventh Son is the focus. The Eddies are just the four from those albums. I'm assuming they'll limit their selection to tracks on Powerslave, LAD (which had songs from all the previous albums, thus justifying them on the list below), SIT and SSoaSS.

So, Children Of The Damned and Flight Of Icarus is a big possibility, imo.

Hey that poster is brilliant!  :bigsmile:
I'm sure it'll be a massive show, It's just too bad they don't wind up in this side of the world, but I'll stick my guns to youtube the whole tour :D

I think that the setlist will have a lot of Live After Death tracks plus 6 other tracks:
-three tracks from SIT
-two tracks from SSOASS
-Fear of the Dark (title track)

or:

-two tracks from SIT
-three tracks from SSOASS
-Fear of the Dark (title track)

So I'll go for these two possible, in random order, setlists (17 tracks, not counting the intro). The songs in colours might be the ones that could be different, the black ones are 100% sure:

Setlist option 1:

Intro: Churchill's Speech
Aces High
Minutes to Midnight
The Trooper
Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Powerslave
The Number of the Beast
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Iron Maiden
Run to the Hills
Running Free
Wrathchild
Fear Of The Dark
The Evil That Men Do
Wasted Years
Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
Stranger In A Strange Land
Heaven Can Wait

or:

Setlist option 2:
Aces High
Minutes to Midnight
The Trooper
Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Powerslave
The Number of the Beast
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Iron Maiden
Run to the Hills
Running Free
Wrathchild
Fear Of The Dark
The Evil That Men Do
Wasted Years
Alexander The Great
The Clairvoyant
Can I Play With Madness

I'm pretty sure that would be a boring tour.  I mean, 3 albums?  Not my idea of hopping (mind you, three great albums).

Myself, I'm hoping to hear Alexander the Great.  Aside from that...I expect this tour to not look much different than the others...

Maybe they'll just play the setlist from Seventh Tour of a Seventh Tour...

All that I ask Maiden, please, it's to forget for one tour songs TOO MUCH played as Run To The Hills, The Number Of The Beast, The Trooper, etc...

Couldn't agree more. These songs are classics, no question about it, but are played on every tour, it would be nice if other material was covered on this tour instead. However, the fact that the albums Iron Maiden - SSOASS are listed on the tour poster, they could crop up next year again. I was suprised to see the material from IM, Killers, NOTB and POM mentioned, given the history tour in 2005 was based on these albums so hopefully they will lean more on the POM, Powerslave, SIT and SSOASS albums this time around. These are the albums that haven't had a lot of tracks played from them a lot recently (post 1990) as far as i can remember the ones that have featured are:

POM - The Trooper
Poweslave - 2 Minutes To Midnight
SIT - Wasted Years, Heaven Can Wait
SSOASS - Can I Play With Madness, The Evil That Men Do, The Clairvoyant.

There's a lot of great material left over from those albums that people haven't heard live in a long time so fingers crossed a good chunk of it will surface on tour next year.

Personally i love the longer epic Maiden songs so a set list with To Tame A Land, Powerslave, Rime Of The Ancient Mariner, Alexander The Great and Seventh Son would be a real treat  B)

Fine, you've done it. Here's a setlist I imagine as realistic.

Aces High
Wasted Years
Can I Play With Madness
Infinite Dreams
Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
Heaven Can Wait
The Clairvoyant
Powerslave
Stranger In A Strange Land
Iron Maiden
---
Two Minutes To Midnight
The Evil That Men Do
Hallowed Be Thy Name

Possibly with The Trooper, Number Of The Beast and/or Run To The Hills thrown in at some point.

Back