NEWS: Maiden have started writing NEW material!

gulranek said:
And as Nicko said, they have 8 finished songs and they'll "probably have to write two more in the studio". The phrase "two more in the studio" is short for filler. :D

Maybe, but the quality of those songs might not be.  Steve wrote "Rime..." in the studio. 

Forostar said:
Some members on the official forum are pretty negative about this rumoured delay, others turn it into something positive, and speculate themselves (in a positive way), e.g.:

I don't like the delay one bit. By the time the new album drops, the span of time between it and AMOLAD will be about the same as Number of the Beast to Somewhere in Time (and I thought it was a long time between Powerslave and SIT!).

I also wonder what they are going to play on tour this summer. An E.P. or a single with a b-side or two would give them a new song (or more) to play and it much better than dragging it out another 14 months.

Check this out (this is no hoax!):

From IMOC:
"I just got news from my friend at the Bahamas, Nassau. He met Bruce at the Starbucks and got a photo with him. Had a small chat as well. Bruce was in a very good mood. Friend of mine asked Bruce if there was any possibility to visit the Compass Point Studios without disturbing the band. Normally you can visit the studios, but obviously not during the recording sessions. Bruce replied, in a nice way, that there is absolutely no way of visiting the studio at the moment. Bruce told that even their families are not allowed to visit the studios. My friend was saying that it was a amazing experience to stand next to the Compass Point Studios knowing that Iron Maiden is inside the building and recording the next masterpiece. The same studio where so many legendary and amazing Iron Maiden AMAZING songs have been born!"

Check out the last diaries entry on Kevin's site and see where he is at the moment...

IRON MAIDEN RECORDING AT COMPASS POINT 24 YEARS LATER!!! THERE'S A LOT OF MAGIC ABOUT IT!!! :nana:

Maiden starts recording in February!

Forget all the previous rumours. Maiden starts recording next month: February!

Check out this article, or better: the video! It's about Nicko's new restaurant, but I am more interested in the moment of recording. :D My favourite quotes:

"The ambience of a restaurant is very important. You won't hear Barry Manilow in here; you won't hear Rod Stewart, Kiss or Guns N Roses, sorry boys and girls. All you will here is classical, beautiful metal.''

What's next for Iron Maiden?

"There will be a new record. We start recording next month.''

Now I really doubt if Kevin Shirley will be the new producer. That's only possible if Maiden will do things "quickly" in February, or take a break and continue later this spring. And why the hell would Shirley be silent about it if they're going to start next month, before Black Country?

This is Shirley's latest update, 14 January 2010, what do you make of it?:

So there it is folks - the cat is out the bag! This is BLACK COUNTRY.

I am producing the debut album and we already have six tracks cut. We're going to do the next session in March when I'm through with my current project, and I hope to finish in early April. The band is (above) Jason Bonham on drums, Derek Sherinian on keyboards, Glenn Hughes on bass and vocals and Joe Bonamassa on guitar and vocals. The songs are all original and what a lineup! They are all the very best players in the world, for my money!

Jason Bonham (Led Zeppelin, Foreigner) is a totally unique drummer and a supreme, yet oh-so-tasty powerhouse. Derek Sherinian (Dream Theater, Billy Idol, Alice Cooper) is super versatile, and is playing mostly overdriven Hammond organ in this ensemble and is the color on the palette. Glenn Hughes (Deep Purple, Trapeze) plays bass and sings with a range VERY, VERY few can even get close to, and Joe Bonamassa, perhaps the best Blues guitarist around, plays hard riffing guitar as well as adding his signature vocals alongside Glenn. You'll just have to wait - we're planning to get this out late summer, and it's promising to be phenomenal! Perhaps if you're around San Bernadino about March 17.........

But there's more...... look out for Joe Bonamassa's new solo album, Black Rock, arriving March 23rd. I am holed up producing an album, and am away from my family for a couple of months, and I'm looking forward to seeing my babies real soon!

How long have they used to stay in the studio once they have started recording? I assume this means the album will be out before the summer?

Which would be great, because then we'll have time to listen to the new songs before we hear them live in August :D

Forostar said:
Forget all the previous rumours. Maiden starts recording next month: February!

Check out this article, or better: the video! It's about Nicko's new restaurant, but I am more interested in the moment of recording. :D My favourite quotes:

"The ambience of a restaurant is very important. You won't hear Barry Manilow in here; you won't hear Rod Stewart, Kiss or Guns N Roses, sorry boys and girls. All you will here is classical, beautiful metal.''

What's next for Iron Maiden?

"There will be a new record. We start recording next month.''

Now I really doubt if Kevin Shirley will be the new producer. That's only possible if Maiden will do things "quickly" in February, or take a break and continue later this spring. And why the hell would Shirley be silent about it if they're going to start next month, before Black Country?

This is Shirley's latest update, 14 January 2010, what do you make of it?:

So there it is folks - the cat is out the bag! This is BLACK COUNTRY.

I am producing the debut album and we already have six tracks cut. We're going to do the next session in March when I'm through with my current project, and I hope to finish in early April. The band is (above) Jason Bonham on drums, Derek Sherinian on keyboards, Glenn Hughes on bass and vocals and Joe Bonamassa on guitar and vocals. The songs are all original and what a lineup! They are all the very best players in the world, for my money!

Jason Bonham (Led Zeppelin, Foreigner) is a totally unique drummer and a supreme, yet oh-so-tasty powerhouse. Derek Sherinian (Dream Theater, Billy Idol, Alice Cooper) is super versatile, and is playing mostly overdriven Hammond organ in this ensemble and is the color on the palette. Glenn Hughes (Deep Purple, Trapeze) plays bass and sings with a range VERY, VERY few can even get close to, and Joe Bonamassa, perhaps the best Blues guitarist around, plays hard riffing guitar as well as adding his signature vocals alongside Glenn. You'll just have to wait - we're planning to get this out late summer, and it's promising to be phenomenal! Perhaps if you're around San Bernadino about March 17.........

But there's more...... look out for Joe Bonamassa's new solo album, Black Rock, arriving March 23rd. I am holed up producing an album, and am away from my family for a couple of months, and I'm looking forward to seeing my babies real soon!

Nicko's interview was done in December 2009, hence, next month. Also, check out Kevin's entry on his official website and notice that besides the date, he wrote - An island in the Caribbean, meaning he wrote the entry from this place.

Kevin's entry on his facebook (which I 'retranslated' from the already translated text to portuguese from the orignal Kevin's facebook text):

"New album sessions' started today (Monday, January 11th) - I had a dinner with the band last night and I'm waiting for some good songs. Strong and noisy windblow outside - not that you'll notice, but we're inside our windowless studio."

Jeffmetal said:
Also, check out Kevin's entry on his official website and notice that besides the date, he wrote - An island in the Caribbean, meaning he wrote the entry from this place.

Kevin's entry on his facebook (which I 'retranslated' from the already translated text to portuguese from the orignal Kevin's facebook text):

"New album sessions' started today (Monday, January 11th) - I had a dinner with the band last night and I'm waiting for some good songs. Strong and noisy windblow outside - not that you'll notice, but we're inside our windowless studio."

If it is Maiden then I find the secrecy ridiculous (because the band name is still unmentioned).

Well, it seems people like to criticise Maiden for sport. Which kind of secrecy is needed about they entering the studio for recording their new album? There isn't any leak or the like to find it 'ridiculous'. Pffff...

What are you talking about?

I meant that I don't understand Shirley's secrecy about Maiden. He raves about all his projects apart from Maiden.

It's the 4th studio album he's producing for Maiden in a row, and if you're really into Maiden, you know that Steve Harris said that Kevin is their full time producer, like Martin Birch was in the 80's.

What fuss should be made about Kevin entering the studios with Maiden to record their new album when it's announced beforehand about more or less 2 years, not counting it's since Rock In Rio/Dance Of Death that the band made it clear he is their new full time producer?

It's I who don't understand what you're talking about.

I haven't criticized Maiden nor Shirley. I merely keep all options open, and (for no clear reason) someone who sounds like Shirley's brother-in-law is eager to make it sound negative.

Eddies Wingman said:
- troubled breathing - "No, I am your father ..." - more troubled breathing

You could be my fart... er.

This troubled breathing sounds to me you're like Schwarzenegger on that movie Junior - You're on the table, sweating, giving birth.

Back