New tour and what set list ?

play most of the songs from live after death live. Live after death was their best live performence. They should play different songs every night and be opened minded. Maiden is a live band so their songs our going to sound better live. you cant please every one. UP The IRONS!!!!!!

When will they release the setlist? I hope they will play a lot of surprises like the rime of the ancient mariner and deja vú

[!--QuoteBegin-Tomas (the infinte dreamer)+Mar 7 2003, 07:59 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Tomas (the infinte dreamer) @ Mar 7 2003, 07:59 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Me too! [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
[!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--] You bet!!! [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-The Ancient Mariner+Mar 6 2003, 06:33 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The Ancient Mariner @ Mar 6 2003, 06:33 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Deja-Vu, Alexander The Great or The Duellists just won't be played.  They weren't even played on the original album tours so I really can't see them being played on the upcoming tour. [/quote]
I do know that Dave Murray is eager to play \"Alexander the Great\"!! [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-KRS+Apr 4 2003, 02:31 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(KRS @ Apr 4 2003, 02:31 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Purgatory would be very cool. [/quote]
My guess is that \"Purgatory\"is one of the best Eddie paintings yet one of Maidens weakest songs.They better don't play that one. [!--emo&:doh:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/11doh[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'11doh[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

What about \"Murders in the Rue Morgue\" in place of it?? [!--emo&:rolleyes:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolleyes.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'rolleyes.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I don't think it is weak at all! That is one of my favorite maiden songs, one of the best (IMO) they've ever done.

[!--QuoteBegin-Bruce Dickinson+Feb 6 2003, 08:24 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Bruce Dickinson @ Feb 6 2003, 08:24 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] We are thinking about including these songs in the new set list.
We would open the show again with "Aces High" We also wanna play "Remember tomorrow" "Iron Maiden" "Killers" "The number of the beast" "Hallowed be thy name" "Sea of madness" "Moonchild" "Hooks in you" "The wickerman" "Judgement day" and "No prayer for the dying" and of course, songs from our next album.

Thank you to all of you for your support [/quote]
Yes!!! Please do \"Sea of Madness\"!!!! [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Bruce, you rule! [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I think playing Flash of The Blade live is nearly impossible, due to\"technical\" reasons.
The \"In a corner forgotten by no-one\" and \"One man and his honour\" part of the chorus, where Bruce singing in high notes, (highest notes of the song) and he dubs his vocal by harmonizing first one with even higher notes! (those are bloody high!!:)) and it is not a scream, as in the endings of Aces High and Flight of Icarus, where with a raspy voice, one can \"imitate\" the scream on stage. (LADe video). no IM member can back Bruce with those notes on stage.

For the setlist of my dreams: I dream of something new. only that. Where is the excitement of going to a concert, when you know exactly which songs will be played, at which order, and that setlist is preserved for YEARS. I can really live without Trooper, Run To The Hills, The Number of The Beast, Two Minutes to Midnight, Fear of the dark, Clansman played live... I want to hear something new, new interpretations of oldies, as they did in 7th tour [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--] . Maybe with a medley, they could \"compress\" those songs, I don't know! but please, look at Rock in Rio! it is almost the same album with Live at Donnington with onlyFoD songs replaced with BNW songs! rest is unchanged over 10 years, immortal! [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I didn't buy the RiR for that reason. (and it didn't fulfill my expectations, when I listened a friend's copy. I don't want to speculate the motive behind this album)

What I dream of is that Iron Maiden playing with their old sound! It was less boomy, more RAW, powerful and edgy guitars. IMO biggest problem with Blaze era is not Blaze's vocal range, but poor production, poor sound (especailly guitars). Fortunately with Kevin Shirley (and Adrian returning) guitar sound improved in BNW, but this time I find music to be too bassy. There's something which does not feel right for me... I really miss first 5 albums, those 80's days... [!--emo&:rolleyes2:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolleyes[2].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'rolleyes[2].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

They are to play everything, yet no medley please!There's nothing I hate more than medleys! [!--emo&:puke:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/pukeface.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'pukeface.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Cosmiceddie+May 8 2003, 02:35 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Cosmiceddie @ May 8 2003, 02:35 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] They are to  play everything, yet no medley please!There's nothing I hate more than medleys! [!--emo&:puke:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/pukeface.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'pukeface.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
I second that! No Maiden-Medleys please!!!!

I'd personally like them to play songs that I (very egoistical) never got live by now! I heard several songs about 17 times now, and hope they'll play some I never heard live at a Maiden gig(and I don't meen recordings! [!--emo&:rolleyes:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolleyes.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'rolleyes.gif\' /][!--endemo--] ), such as (in chronological order):

Purgatory
Children Of The Damned
The Prisoner (heard few times at Bruce solo gigs, but not by Maiden)
Revelations
Flight of Icarus (heard few times at Bruce solo gigs, but not by Maiden)
Still Live
Rime Of The Ancient Marine (I'll pray to God for this one!!! [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] )
Caught Somewhere In Time
Sea Of Maddness
The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner (I doubt they'll play this ever again, as they only played it once on SOTour! [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--] But who knows, they're useing 3 guitars now..... )
Stranger In A Strange Land
Moonchild (Could be opener?!?)
Infinite Dreams (I'm quite shure we'll get this beauty this year!!!! [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] )
Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son

All in all I think the'll mainly go with the track list from \"Edward The Great Album\"!
So I think the setlist, although this is not MY most wanted, will be something like this:

The Wicker Man(ETG)
The Trooper (ETG)
New song!!!
Man On The Edge (ETG)
Can I Play with Madness (ETG)
Flight Of Icarus (ETG) [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
2 Minutes to Midnight (ETG)
Wasted Years (ETG)
[!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Infinite Dreams (ETG) [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
Holy Smoke (ETG)
The Clairvoyant (ETG)
Bring Your Daughter…to The Slaughter (ETG)
Futureal (ETG)
The Evil That Men Do (ETG)
Fear Of The Dark (ETG)
Iron Maiden

The Number Of The Beast (ETG)
Run To The Hills (ETG)
Sanctuary

The first one does look better just change Loneliness with the Trooper. Medleys do suck just play the whole song for fucks sake. I'd love to see Moonchild as an opener or maybe the great combination of Churchill's Speech/Aces High.

[!--QuoteBegin-eddiesson+May 7 2003, 10:10 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(eddiesson @ May 7 2003, 10:10 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] no IM member can back Bruce with those notes on stage.

[/quote]
Maybe Adrian?
In fact, I think he was the one who recorded that back-up vocals.

I don't think so, because if he would do back vocals on Flash of The Blade, he could also do them for Aces High. (in LADe(and on EdHuntour?) Bruce sings Aces High alone)

By the way, I said \"on stage\". Anyway, I don't think that Adrian has that range of vocal, especially when he is busy playing guitar.

Back