New single: Stratego

Did not like the video. I don't think the pacing of the animation fits the tempo of the song. TWOTW was perfectly done.
I felt the same. It's a nice animation though, and I am happy that they want to appeal to a wider audience. Actually I would love to see the entire album animated this way! Halfway through the vid, I remember thinking, "now what's happening?", the pacing felt strange at times indeed.

I felt the same. It's a nice animation though, and I am happy that they want to appeal to a wider audience. Actually I would love to see the entire album animated this way! Halfway through the vid, I remember thinking, "now what's happening?", the pacing felt strange at times indeed.
It would have been cool if the project was given to a japanese anime studio.

The video is not good imo and I think it is kinda unnecessary because the main video with animation was the one for TWOTW.

Btw, the steel samurai looks like the knight from Metal For Muthas cover.

-> Eddie from the video:

Attachments

• Eddie from Stratego video.jpg
    Eddie from Stratego video.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 12
I enjoyed the video but at the end it felt a bit like a tie in for the mobile game which made me feel a little dirty

Great to see some Shogi in a Maiden video, even though
pieces should not be different colours, one of the kings should have a dot, and the position (K and promoted R, or Dragon King, vs lone K) is hardly possible except in an older variant without drops. Speaking of which, there's some entirely novel approach to "drops" at 5:07 :smartarse:

Regardless of how you feel about them, can we at least agree that both of these animated videos are going to age way better than the animated videos for Wildest Dreams and Different World? Yikes those are awful and very very of their time. In fact, did those even look good when they were new? It's been too long.

Watching the videoclip now and I noticer a warhorse of steel. I wonder if this is a Metal for Muthas/Sanctuary refference
I think it refers to the song "Sanctuary" :

Out of the winter came a warhorse of steel
I've never killed a woman before, I know how it feels
I know you'd have gone insane if you saw what I saw
Now I've got to look for sanctuary from the law
I met up with a 'slinger last night to keep me alive
He spends all his money on gambling and guns to survive
Now I've got to look for sanctuary from the law
So give me sanctuary from the law
And I'll be alright
Just give me sanctuary from the law
And love me tonight, tonight
But now I've got to look for sanctuary from the law
I can laugh at the wind
Howl at the rain
Down in the canyon
Or out on the plains
But now I've got to look for sanctuary from the law
So give me sanctuary from the law
And I'll be alright
Just give me sanctuary from the law
And love me tonight, tonight
Love me tonight

Yes thats what I meant.
The song was also on metal for muthas which also had a warhorse of steel on the cover (and a bass and a child perhaps symbolizing wrathchild)

Yikes those are awful and very very of their time. In fact, did those even look good when they were new?

No they didn't...

From 2002, mainstream game.

I saw Different World on TV back in the day and it looked pretty lame, but that did not bother me, I though to myself this is just another low budget video thing - most of their 80s promos are low budget bar 2MTM and Can I Play With Madness. And it was the signature of the times. Even RHCP's Californication isn't good CGI for 1999 although it has charm unlike Maiden videos.

In some point in time, there is CGI graphics quality peak you have in a playable game, and there is absolute 'technological' peak, the one that can't be put into interactive medium because common hardware is not capable enough - the so called prerendered scenes, as used in high budget film or games. Well with Maiden the quality is below playable game, so it's not good CGI of the day by definition, as is easier to compare what you see in front of you to a Playstation game than to a contemporary SF movie.

The Final Frontier was on the right side of things, tho. Too bad they didn't follow up with something.

Did not like the video. I don't think the pacing of the animation fits the tempo of the song. TWOTW was perfectly done.

It is not on par with the great TWOTW video but it is miles better than most Iron Maiden videos (including the avant-garde Virus).

Back