New single: Stratego

Stratego: great song,better than great unknown,mother of mercy some brave new world feelings, writing on the wall,great song too,different. what i like its that the guys have some cool and different ideas, book of souls was a bit of lack of ideas. I expect a good album,different and fresh like brave new world in 2000 and a bit dark like AMOLAD in 2005 or 2006.

Nicko is great, I can't believe I just found out about his channel a month ago. Does he have a user here?
I was also wondering if he was here on the forum, he is a very nice person and an excellent guitarist

It is a bit of a joke. Everyone who listens to the songs in my car, Maiden fans or not, have the same initial reaction. "What is wrong with the sound?!!!"
You know what, I thought the same, until today, I realized (being quite new to Spotify), that they "helpfully" turned on "optimize sound for 30-60 years old" (I'm 45 and they know it), which apparently made some kind of distortion in highs/hi mids. I turned off all the equilizers and advanced options, and suddenly everything started sounding better and more natural.
I'm not trusting any source anymore, until I stick the CD into the player

What is the complaint here? It's not Iron Maiden enough? Senjutsu in Japanese script is right there. Eddie is in the fucking heavy armour from the beginning.

Like Christ on a cracker folks. Are you that weak of Maidenfans that you can't see what's going on here?

I liked it, but TWOTW is a better video (as expected, given the time and money put into it).

Nice animation. I'm glad I didn't see the video before I heard the song, though, it would have given me a completely different impression of it. Still prefer The Writing vid. But cool to see Maiden music paired up with quality animation, it's a natural match, really.

Back