New (old) Iron Maiden tour shirts released

SirRobbins

Ancient Mariner
The band have released artwork with tour dates for 4 shirts from their 80s tours. 2 shirts come from The Beast on the Road (New York and Texas shows), one from World Piece Tour (Texas dates) and one from Somewhere on Tour (Florida dates - Vice in Nice shirt).

A bit pricey but not a bad move for them... I always loved those old tour shirts and hope they do more....

World Piece Tour Texas shirt
x2.jpg
x1.jpg

must have lost serious money on the tour :lol:

I'd love the Clairvoyant one to be re-released, although it would have to be without the union jack back print for me.

Some cool shirts in there, but you won't catch me dead with "Remember the Alamo" on my chest. I'd be interested if they put out some old Canadian ones though.

Some cool shirts in there, but you won't catch me dead with "Remember the Alamo" on my chest. I'd be interested if they put out some old Canadian ones though.
There's a site that does them, but they're not official AFAIK. Canadian Slavery Tour with Eddie riding the moose is my favorite :D

seeing all these shirts reminds me of when Maiden used to tour the hell out of the USA.... multiple shows in Florida, Texas..... now, we're lucky if we get 1 show in both states....

seeing all these shirts reminds me of when Maiden used to tour the hell out of the USA.... multiple shows in Florida, Texas..... now, we're lucky if we get 1 show in both states....
They did three shows in Texas and one in Florida on the Legacy of the Beast and Florida is routinely a stop on Ed Force One/world tours where there isn’t an extended NA leg. Those states are pretty well taken care of.

They did three shows in Texas and one in Florida on the Legacy of the Beast and Florida is routinely a stop on Ed Force One/world tours where there isn’t an extended NA leg. Those states are pretty well taken care of.

^ they did smaller places in Florida too but I wasn't around then in the 80s. I was born in 89.... BNW tour was my first and I had to travel with my uncle to see it. In fact, I had to travel for the first 3 shows I saw them with him.... lol

Florida has had better treatments with the start of the history tours with SBIT... we were ignored on Maiden England though in spite of them playing the hell outta the Southeastern USA that tour for 2 legs....

Tours they did not play one show in Florida :mad: every tour from 1990 through 2007 except X factor tour :facepalm:

No Prayer for the Dying (scheduled shows but all were cancelled) (1990)
Fear of the Dark (1993)
Virtual XI (1998)
Ed Hunter (1999)
Brave New World (2000)
Give Me Ed Till I'm Dead (2003)
Dance of Death (seems like the shortest tour ever for them) (2004)
Eddie Rips Up The World (Early Days) (2005)
A Matter of Life and Death (2006)

Dance of Death (seems like the shortest tour ever for them) (2004)
If I recall, Dance of Death was so short because Steve was having a lot of back problems at the time involving compression of the spine, which he'd been told was likely due to the weight of the bass across his shoulder for so many years.

If I recall, Dance of Death was so short because Steve was having a lot of back problems at the time involving compression of the spine, which he'd been told was likely due to the weight of the bass across his shoulder for so many years.

wouldn't surprise me....

I’d be interested in learning more about that. I assumed it had more to do with the band not having enough confidence in the North American market to tour there two years in a row. It took them awhile to do extensive North American tours again (and even on the TFF cycle they largely skipped NA in 2011).

I’d be interested in learning more about that. I assumed it had more to do with the band not having enough confidence in the North American market to tour there two years in a row. It took them awhile to do extensive North American tours again (and even on the TFF cycle they largely skipped NA in 2011).

Probably a little from column a (steve's back) and a little from column b (lack of confidence in American market).

Ozfest 2005 was huge in getting Maiden back on track in America, but let's not forget they were in a position then that they were effectively opening for someone else for the first time in over two decades which shows their lack of confidence at that time.

They hadn't a huge amount of confidence in the UK market at that time either, no Ed Hunter gigs and only a handful of dates on the BNW tour, most in small venues as well (Brixton Academy, Shepherd's Bush)

They hadn't a huge amount of confidence in the UK market at that time either, no Ed Hunter gigs and only a handful of dates on the BNW tour, most in small venues as well (Brixton Academy, Shepherd's Bush)

Not completely correct. They missed the UK on the Ed Hunter tour allegedly for tax reasons (pretty sad if you ask me...).

On the BNW tour they did play at Earls Court in London, the SECC in Glasgow, the MEN in Manchester and the NEC in Birmingham in 2000, huge venues all of them. The UK tour was not as extensive as those for the albums after BNW, but they played to probably several times the number of people they had played to in the UK on the previous tours (1995 and 1998). ;)

The smallish venues you have highlighted were for special events: they did play two Fan Club shows in early 2001 at Shepherd's Bush as a warm-up before heading to Latin America and then 3 Clive Burr MS Trust shows at Brixton Academy in 2002.

They missed the UK on the Ed Hunter tour allegedly for tax reasons (pretty sad if you ask me...).

Damn where did you hear that? That is pretty sad if it is true.

Also it's worth pointing out that when they played Brixton in 2002 they played 3 nights, which amounts to 15,000 tickets sold. That's almost the size of an arena gig. Those gigs also sold out in minutes I seem to remember!

Back