New Music Thread

MrKnickerbocker

clap hands
Welcome to the NEW MUSIC THREAD for discussion/exploration/enjoyment of new tunes. We're looking for new release music, whether by legacy bands, new bands, etc. - we want to hear them new songs!

This week, we've got Ghost being groovy and trippy and anonymous as always:

And Gloryhammer reaching the depths of outer space and sending back a musical signal of what we can only imagine the universe must sound like in 1992...

Share your new musics!

Last edited:
I'm starting to wonder if Gloryhammer should have called it quits. Cheese is fun for a while, but that just seemed bland and lacking in imagination. Ghost are always an odd one for me. They do have some nice moments, but also a habit of lots of insipid ones, too. I went into seeing them at Sonisphere last year not expecting much more than a gimmicky stage show, but ended up quite enjoying it. Out of those two releases, I'd choose Ghost.

I think I'd like to see Ghost live, because their shows seem really grandiose and entertaining. But honestly, they don't do much for me on record.

Their shows aren't as exciting visually as you might think, or at least their festival sets, because that's all I've got to go on. They make a grand entrance, which is fun, but then that's all there is, really. The music took over a little bit from there, so it worked for me, but I did go into the whole thing just not expecting anything much at all, so maybe that's why I came away with a reasonably positive impression.

Really liked the premise of this thread but the fact that it has to be on Fridays sorta brings it down. How about we open a general "2016 in metal thread"? where we can post/discuss new metal releases throughout the year?

Did Gloryhammer just invent techno power metal?

What a terrible tune...

No, every power metal band seems to have a thing with dance and techno, I have no idea why because it's all pretty bad. The other song that they released from the new album is much much better imo (Rise of the Chaos Wizards or something).

EDIT: Knicker already posted that song earlier.

I like the premise of this thread too. I don't suppose posting needs to be limited to Fridays, although I thought that's what @MrKnickerbocker was intending to do. I could rename it if he/everyone else wanted.

I'm fine with renaming it! Maybe just "New Music Thread"...? I'm not sure it needs to be specific to metal, though, since the majority of people will be posting metal anyway.

Back