New Iron Maiden song (2012)

Night Prowler

Customer Deathcycle Manager
Staff member
I think this deserves a separate thread from the PRR thread.
These two quotes are from Kevin "Caveman" Shirley's Facebook page/website:

Finished mixing the Bonamassa Beacon concert in stereo yesterday. Mixing some bonus material today, an Iron Maiden song on Friday then the Beacon concert in surround sound next week, and that, my friends, will be the end of a very busy year for a Caveman! Christmas this year will be in Australia with my family and next year looks even busier..... Hang on - it might get bumpy!

December: Finish the Beacon shows mixes, mix an Iron Maiden song for a very special tribute and off to Australia this weekend, to spend Xmas with my family, Next year looks just as hectic!!!!!

Assuming that it's a cover, who do you think they covered?

Dio would be a good guess, yeah... There was a tribute album announced about a year ago, with his widow saying that it probably wouldn't be out in 2011.

I wonder if Maiden ever recorded a cover of an original song made after the 1970s. Can't think of one.

They are contributing to the Maiden Dubstep album.

I dunno, the Plan writes some crazy-hard songs.

When was That Girl written? (--if that's what you meant.)

Ah, that's one indeed. Still that's not a typical cover but a bit of a complex example. The Maiden version was released in November 1986 and the FM version 2 months before that, so in that regard it is a cover.

However, H played this song already with Andy Barnett in 1985 (before Barnett was a member of FM and before this song was an FM song), during The Entire Population of Hackney secret gig. So we're talking about a song written by a friend of Adrian, and Adrian was more familiar with it than FM themselves and (last but not least): perhaps the Maiden version was even earlier recorded than the FM one.

Anyway: it's still an 1980s song, and just like some other Somewhere in Time-era B-sides this was a post-1970s song, released by Maiden and written by someone else. :ok:

Back