New Iron Maiden song (2012)

Kevin Shirley just posted the following on Facebook:

"Good game yesterday. Back to work today - last couple of mixes for the new Europe album, editing Bonamassa's Beacon Theater show into an abbreviated format for a Palladia broadcast and preparing some Iron Maiden mixes in surround sound, for a later project. Gotta get these all done by tomorrow night, as we start a new project on Wednesday..."

There is definitely something else due for release aside from the new live album. "Surround sound" huh? Possibly Maiden England, a few additional songs from the first leg of The Final Frontier Tour or an AMOLAD show? Any of these would be ace.

It would be about time! We've been promised this for the last couple of years, I wonder if their next tour will be supporting this release....

We've been promised this for the last couple of years,

Have we? I've always been under the impression that this is more of a very strong wish among the fans, I don't remember a single official word about it.

I'm almost 100% certain there was something from Rod about it on the official site a while ago, I can't remember exactly what it said though.

Yea it was officially announced with Live After Death. If I remember right, it was supposed to be out at the same time, maybe even on the same DVD, for some reason LAD was released, and there was never an update on Maiden England.

I believe the reason was "we can make twice the money if we release them separately". :D But I won't mind it if there's a documentary on par with the ones in previous editions.

Regarding the Maiden England (and the prior 86-87 SIT "chapter" of their careers) video; they are probably on the fence on what to do regarding a Somewhere On Tour live-video, since there is no known pro-shot video in their possession. My vote goes for the Paris show.

I thought I'd read somewhere an interview with Steve, he said that they did shoot a video somewhere, but it turned out way too dark so they scrapped the project. Or was he saying that about the Beast Over Hammersmith '82 video? Not sure anymore. But if they do have a SIT-era recording, modern video processing technology could make a difference.

The Beast over Hammersmith 82' video was the one that was considered too dark, which is why only a vew of the songs are show on the early days DVD.

Back