New Album 2014

maidenman

Invader
Hello everyone, Its been a while. I haven't posted on here since last year. So for my first post this year, how about it be about a new studio album!

"IRON MAIDEN singer Bruce Dickinson has apparently told the Swedish web site Talarforum (Speakers' Forum) during a brand new interview that there are plans for the band to enter the studio to record a new album for a tentative 2014 release."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=189062

Here's the Swedish interview:

http://www.talarforum.se/artikel/ta...aidens_sangare_om_sin_tid_som_bostadslos.html

Interesting. Unfortunately BlabberMouth doesn't actually say anything... & I can't read the Swedish one.

Any of the Swedish forum members want to comment on what the article actually says?

I was able to translate the Swedish article, and Bruce himself doesn't actually mention anything about a new album, or a 2014 release.

The only mention of it at all in the article is at the very end, where it says "In addition to the upcoming tour the band plans to record a new album, which, if all goes as planned, scheduled for release in 2014."

I saw this last night, and found it interesting. Natalie translated it. Bruce isn't quoted saying anything about a 2014 album, they just throw it in at the end of an article like an established fact. It's a motivational business article about Bruce's efforts to attain success, and the music angle isn't the main focus. So either their background research involves a few assumptions, or else the new album was dropped into the conversation and just wasn't the main thrust of the article....

I checked the comments on Blabbermouth, disgraceful. Again, there's noone in the music industry that I hate more than "pure" metal guys. Calling the Reunion albums boring progressive non-metal stuff that nobody wants and that they should go back to being "true metal".

:facepalm:

I really don't get the bash about intros either.

I guess that's fair. My curiosity for Blabbrmouth comments died down years ago. A bit like the peek over the trench at the Flemish front line.

Actually Adrian didn't say anything like this. It was another example of journalists jumping to conclusions.
In the That Metal Show episode, where Adrian was a guest, the hosts asked whether Maiden would consider writing shorter songs for their next album and Adrian gave a very vague answer. Something like "I don't know, maybe we could." This actually means nothing.

Great, I really had my hopes up. :(

I bet there is an album next year, though

I figured we'd be getting a new album either next year or 2015.

Ranko, I wouldn't count on another Bruce solo album because there's a very small chance he's still under contract to make more.

He's actually supposed to make 2 or 3 more last I heard. Also, rumor has it that he is working on one right now.

Roy Z hinted on his personal facebook that he's working with Bruce on some new material. He posted a picture of him and Bruce, I asked him him if they're writing new music together and he "liked" my comment. He's made other hints elsewhere as well.

Back