Music obtaining binge

Good on Audioslave!!

Speaking of AIC, I hear they have a new singer and have a new album coming out soon.

Yep.  I haven't heard it, but a buddy that I work with said he caught a clip of their new song.  He said that instead of trying to find someone similar to the original singer, they went with someone that sounds very different.

Yeah, said the music sounded similar, just different vocal sound.  I hope it is good, I liked that band a lot.

Try Demons & Wizards and Pyramaze if you haven't already.  Demons & Wizards is Jon Schaffer + Hansi Kürsch, and it sounds exactly like Iced Earth and Blind Guardian at the same time.  Pyramaze has got Matt Barlow on vocals on one album, I haven't heard the others.

Primordial is also very good.  Pagan or something metal, very atmospheric with great guitar melodies.

This looks more like a trivia contest. Is LC aware of the following band? ;)

How much do you want to know still? Since the presented music gets broader it seems there are no limits.

This is easy The first three "Chicago" albums, the first one, Chicago Transit Authority, will literally blow your fucking mind.

Interesting indeed.

April Wine, an excellent selection, Wasted!  I loved them when I was younger.

A band I really like is Anathema - who started out as a very doomy metallic band and progressed into a very Pink Floyd/Radiohead sound.

As an example: Crestfallen - from their first EP, or Silent Enigma - from the album of the same name.

Then we fast forward to something from their latest album A Natural Disaster (SMX may claim to have the greatest female rock singer in his bar band, but this woman takes some beating :)).

Scar Symmetry
The Arcane Order
Necrophagist (extremely technical but very catchy and melodic death metal)
Running Wild  (only their 80s and 90s albums, their later work is really worse)
At The Gates
Gates Of Ishtar
Textures
After Forever
Epica
Killers – Murder One (Di Anno’s greatest work apart from or even including his Maiden albums. A very strong album which every selfrespecting metalhead should own)
In Flames (Iron Maiden influenced Gothenburg metal – try to get their early stuff)
Rush
Solitude Aeternus
Sear Bliss (original rough, melodic & atmospherical black metal with trumpet / trombone -> Highlights: “Phantoms”, "The Pagan Winter" & “The Haunting”)

Phantoms.jpg

The%20Pagan%20Winter%20%20In%20the%20Shadow%20of%20Another%20World.jpg

The%20haunting.jpg

Two more from me:

If you like Blaze, then the chances are you may like GZR (or Geezer or G//Z/R - they have gone under each name). This band is Geezer Bulter's solo band and, I personally think that they are quite good.

Germans finest - Kreator. Started out as thrash but then became a little less thrashy but still with a hard edge to their sound. Their latest album (Enemy of God) is sort of back to a more aggressive/thrashy sound.

Forostar said:
In Flames (Iron Maiden influenced Gothenburg metal – try to get their early stuff)

Agreed; and the old stuff is miles better than their newer stuff.  And since Foro mentioned In Flames, I'll have to mention Dark Tranquillity.  Maybe you know them, Raven has at least been quite vocal about their awesomeness sometimes.

Also, Beyond Fear (Tim "Ripper" Owens' solo band) is quite good heavy/power metal.  Only one (self-titled) CD so far, but it rocks.

Back