Murders in the Rue Morgue

How good is Murders in the Rue Morgue on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Re: Daily Song: Murders in the Rue Morgue

All in all a very energetic track, but I find the intro and the harmonies so strong that all the other parts are a bit bleak compared to these moments. The singing hasn't that much variation either.

This is actually my favorite song of Maiden's to hear someone cover since it can be taken in many different directions. On its own, it's a great song, but at the end of the day when compared to the rest of the catalogue and keeping in mind 9's and 10's are legend, 8 is about as high as I can give it

Black_Thunder said:
Read the book, it fits in pretty well. My 3rd favorite from Paul era.

10/10.
No it doesn't. They only share the two murdered women.

My second-favorite song off the Killers album.  Plus, it liberally uses the word "gendarmes," which you don't hear in metalsongs very often!

9. This one I love the way the lyrics flashes in front of my eyes like a movie and the tightness and the synchronization in the playing is mesmerizing. The guitar duets in the middle and the rhythm's groove are phenomenal.

Jeffmetal said:
This one I love the way the lyrics flashes in front of my eyes like a movie and the tightness and the synchronization in the playing is mesmerizing. The guitar duets in the middle and the rhythm's groove are phenomenal.

Thiis pretty much sums up what I feel about the song as well. One of my favourites off this record, 9/10.

I love the bass of this song, it carries the whole tune.  Too bad it was repeated again in the album.  That's what 'Killers' really suffers from -- not as much variety.  It is a good thing the band went away from the punk vibe, as they've done all they could with that genre.  Still if I don't compare this with the whole album, the rocker really stands out as a great live experience. 9/10

I appreciate this song more and more with the years. As Jeff stated above 'the guitar duets in the middle and the rhythm's groove are phenomenal'. A classic sample of early Maiden and another headbanging monster; during the Early Days tour, I realized what a live monster it can be, too. 9/10

9 out of 10... Another showcase for Di'anno's one of a kind voice. Clive and Steve propel this one, but the guitars aren't Dave and Adrian's best work, which is the only thing keeping me from rating it a ten...

Great track. I will always remember going to see Maiden in 2005 hearing Ides Of March and saying "They're gonna play Wrathchild now!" And being pleasantly surprised when Nicko started the drum fill for Murders . 10/10

Personally I feel that Murders In The Rue Morgue should have been the opening track on the album followed by Wrathchild, a fantastic rocker, 8/10.

Great song. A breathtaking intro, great atmosphere and fantastic rising parts. One of the best uptempo songs of the Di'Anno era. 9/10.

A fantastic slow intro then it turns out to be a great up tempo song. My favourite from the album. 9/10

Back