Murders in the Rue Morgue

How good is Murders in the Rue Morgue on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters

KidInTheDark666

What's yours is mine and what's mine is mine too
4th best song on the album. Probably the most overrated one as well. 8

Last edited:

Diesel 11

As you scream into the web of silence...
"Murders in the Rue Morgue" opens with a haunting intro that leads straight into a frantic verse about a shocking murder in the middle of Paris. While Steve through all the lyrics together, Paul actually carries the whole thing off quite well (though not so much in the chorus). Overall, it's one of the best of the Di'Anno era songs. 8

Kalata

Out of the Silent Planet
Great haunting intro starts this song. The verses are awesome, chorus is very good and the song has a nice melodic riffs. Powerful drumming from Clive. Fast tempo song. The only missing thing is a solo/s. 8/10

LooseCannon

Enterprise-class aircraft carrier
Staff member
Hi, I've reopened this song for voting, after resetting the votes.

Please add your vote for this song and consider the following tips:

• Try to be consistent across the Iron Maiden catalogue. Don't vote based on the place on the album, but the place in the overall catalogue.
  • 1 should be the worst Iron Maiden songs, 10 should be the best. You can have lots of 10s and 1s as you see fit.
  • Don't vote based on other people's votes. IE, if you think a song is overrated, don't give it a 1 or 2 just because you think it's getting "too high" of votes.

Mosh

Winner of the 2020 Dumbest Comment Ever Award
Staff member
Perhaps the earliest example of the classic Steve Harris word salad lyric, but this song rocks hard. Clive Burr’s drumming is fantastic, the guitar playing is really tight, and Steve plays some great fills. The instrumental section has some wonderful harmonies. The intro is also fantastic. Bass harmonics! I think this song starts to expose Di’Anno’s weaknesses a bit, based on this performance I have a hard time imagining him handling something like Hallowed Be Thy Name. But what he lacks in technique he makes up with in a performance filled with conviction. 9