Most Underrated Maiden song?

I actually consider the whole SIT album underrated. It was not getting much discussion time and admissions of being played by people until the new tour was announced.

Eclipse said:
I'm confused  :huh: What did I do wrong  :blush:

I interpreted Sneaky's comment to mean that this whole page is full of people lamenting how Maiden undervalues TLOTLDR.  That's why I stated that you should have read the previous comments.

But whatever.

Genghis Khan said:
I interpreted Sneaky's comment to mean that this whole page is full of people lamenting how Maiden undervalues TLOTLDR.  That's why I stated that you should have read the previous comments.

But whatever.

Woops. My Bad.

Just agreeing with Natalie though, I like Fear Is The Key and Childhood's End  :S

LooseCannon said:
On this board, never assume a song from the X Factor is underrated.  Else Perun and Freaky might attack.

Oh, sorry, my bad.  :blush:

I live in Portugal, and here all the X-Factor album it´s really underrated..  :mad:

I´m sorry for my bad English too.

Your English is fine!  And I believe it.  Seems like most areas are more than willing to dismiss the two (amazing, IMO) Blaze albums.

I hate it, when people say:

-Baah, if it´s from Blaze, it sucks!

:(

I'm gonna say Don't Look to The Eyes of A Stranger. I put this on this morning and had one of those "hang on a minute, i think the penny's just dropped with this song" moments. In the past the repitition always used to rile me, even though I've always loved the solos and the sudden ending is amazing, but having given VXI my usual "few monthly" listen I think I have been underrating DLTTEOAS*, the intro riff reminds me of These Colours Don't Run for some reason, which is only a good thing, and I'm (finally) willing to look past the mid-section repitition. In fact when it starts Blaze sounds very eerie and haunting which is nice, and certainly worked at 7:30 this morning whilst i was still semi-asleep  :blush: and the build up, musically, is very aesthetically pleasing. It just goes on for sliiightly too long.

*Crikey what an abbreviation  :eek:

Hmm...

- Deja Vu, Only The Good Die Young, Fates Warning and Judas Be My Guide are the first ones to spark out when you mention "underrated".

Underrated outside this forum is: The entire X Factor album except for Sign Of The Cross (this song does, unlike the rest of the album, get recognition and respect). First time I listened to the album in its entirety, I thought: "Why are so many people saying that the album is poor?". Just to mention particular songs, I'll go with Fortunes of War and The Aftermath.

I also find that some of the good songs from the older albums get too little recognition. The well-known ones take all the publicity and no one outside the Maiden community ever speak about Children of the Damned. Dammit, I need to listen to Children of the Damned.

Depending on your definition of course but I offer...

"Killers" - this is song that should be played live ALL the time (like Wrathchild is), but it's actually much better. This is one Maiden's all-time classics yet is not afforded the same respect as vastly inferior songs (Run to the Hills, Clairvoyant, Heaven Can Wait, I'm looking at you)

"Sun and Steel" - everything about this song screams classic, galloping beat, great lyrics and under 4 minutes!

"To Tame a Land" - in league with Phantom and Mariner as far as epics go

"Duellists" - How amazing would it be if the boys ripped into the Duellists one night on the Somewhere Back in Time tour?

"Run Silent Run Deep" - the only song that is even tolerable on the monstrosity that is No Prayer...

"Face in the Sand" - Nicko's experiment with a double-bass is awesome, the power when the full band rips in is amazing

The whole No Prayer for the Dying album seems to be underrated, despite their being some gems in there. Mother Russia is epic and Holy Smoke is a great little rocker taking the piss out of the dumb arse Preachers who accused them of being Satanists.

But of all the songs Maiden have ever recorded I can't recall too many positive reviews of Gangland. I think it's a great little song and the jazzy drum solo opening will always make me think of poor Clive.

IMAddicted said:
I hate it, when people say:

-Baah, if it´s from Blaze, it sucks!

:(

If this makes any sense.

I don't want to listen to any of Blaze's music, In fear of liking it, cause I like Brucie too much  :lol:

But of all the songs Maiden have ever recorded I can't recall too many positive reviews of Gangland.

Good call, I never even considered that one. That song is vastly underrated!

Hmm...there are few candidates. Deja Vu, Judas Be My Guide and Fates Warning come to mind. All great rockers with great intros and great choruses. And musically, Deja Vu is something really special.

Back