Most favorite song from The Book Of Souls

What's your most favorite song from The Book Of Souls?

• If Eternity Should Fail

Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Speed Of Light

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • The Great Unknown

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • The Red And The Black

Votes: 18 15.7%
  • When The River Runs Deep

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • The Book Of Souls

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • Death Or Glory

• Shadows Of The Valley

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Tears Of A Clown

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • The Man Of Sorrows

• Empire Of The Clouds

Votes: 27 23.5%

• Total voters

Travis The Dragon

AFTERGLOW!!!
I can't decide yet, but I'll vote when I do. So far, it's a 4 way tie between IESF, TRATB, TBOS, and EOTC. Also, since some on here haven't listened to the album, it might be a good idea to just say the title and avoid spoilers. Or just vote. :)

While it's very early to speak of favorites, some stand out quicker than others.

To me its this :

The Great Unknown
The Book of Souls
Shadows of the Valley
Tears of a Clown
Empire of the Clouds

Tough to say on a first listen. I'd say Speed Of Light, Eternity Should Fail, Book Of Souls, Shadows Of The Valley and I'm unsure. Empire is a mixed bag in the fact that what it does well, it does extremely, extremely well, but seems to collapse under its own weight.

I haven't listened enough to make up my mind, but the immediate stand-outs were "Tears of a Cloud" and "Empire of the Clowns".

That's about where I am now, though TR&TB is also up there and title song not far behind. Oh, the opener is great too, and Great Unknown.

Dammit, nevermind. I can't choose yet.

Title track and "The Man of Sorrows" are right behind for me. I'm really enjoying this album.

The Red and the Black is leading as I go to bed tonight, but it's too short.

I have no idea as of just yet, but I went with EOTC because reasons. The title track is really growing on me though.

at that time...

When The Rivers Run Deep
The Great Unknown
Tears of Clown
The Read and The Black
The Book of Souls

I should have made the poll with multi-vote options since I can't decide either. :lol: IESF is out though since that song is a bit simpler than the other 3 I mentioned so that might make things a little easier. Hmmmm, as much as I love EOTC, that might be out too since it is so different and I love being hit with a lot of great, powerful singing parts and melodic, harmonic guitar parts all at once.

OK, I'm going with TRATB since that has one of my most favorite vocal parts ever and a lot of great melodic guitar parts too. And I hope everyone on here can eventually come up with a single, most favorite as well, but I can change voting to multi-options if after time has passed and a lot on here are having a really hard time deciding.

Last edited:
The bottom two tiers are in order, the top tier is not.

Four to Five Star Songs
If Eternity Should Fail
The Red and the Black
The Book of Souls
Death or Glory
Tears of a Clown

Three Stars
When the River Runs Deep
The Man of Sorrows
Empire of the Clouds

Two Stars
Speed of Light
The Great Unknown
Shadows of the Valley

Hopefully more members here have had a chance to give a good number of listens. With EOTC in the lead, it will be interesting to see if that one ends up as the leader as time goes by.

Its damn difficult to choose just one song.

My favorites right now are:

If Eternity Should Fail
The Book Of Souls
Death Or Glory
Empire Of The Clouds

Back