Metallica

77 minutes long.... Little bit worried :D
My biggest fear.. only a couple of songs will be 'like in the good old days' and majority just a snoozefest, like was on Hardwired...

77 minutes long.... Little bit worried :D

My biggest fear.. only a couple of songs will be 'like in the good old days' and majority just a snoozefest, like was on Hardwired...
Tbh, from the last album I only really like half of it, but they always had long songs in their albums. It's just that they're not catchy or great or with memorable choruses all the time... like in the last album or in the album before that imo. Not everyone can be Maiden/Steve. But yeah, I agree that the long songs are not their true strength, at least for me.

Last edited:
Man, some of these shows are in more than 20 months. I mean, if there was a way to pay them in installments, I'd do it... Someone please post the prices for the European shows if they are revealed in advance.

The lead single smokes "Hardwired" (the song), it's pretty good, fun and catchy but breaks no new ground. Curious to see the writing credits for this album and how much input Kirk had this time.

No UK shows is disappointing, but I assume they're waiting until after Download to increase demand for those dates.

Edit: Re-reading how far away some of those dates are, I expect there's every chance there's gonna be some more UK ones.

An unexpected surprise indeed. It was about time though.

Strange album title and the cover is meh (like for the previous album). Again a 77 minutes long album.

The lead single on the other hand is a great song - short fast rocker with a typical NWOBHM vibe (every part of the song) and it reminds me of Metallica from 1983. Catchy riff, verses, chorus and wild solo. It's like ''Hardwired'' from the previous album. I also like this song a lot.

The last album was good so I'm looking forward to the new one.

Edit: The tour is insane -> 2 Nights. 2 Different Sets. 2 Different Opening Bands. In The Round!

Agreed @Kalata , not mad about the polished production since they are clearly going for an NWOBHM vibe but otherwise I dig it.

Well, this was unexpected:

Apparently new album called "72 Seasons" coming April 14, 2023.

View attachment 23889
Metallica’s 12th studio album, 72 Seasons, will arrive on April 14, 2023, on the band’s own Blackened Recordings. Produced by Greg Fidelman with Hetfield & Ulrich and clocking in at over 77 minutes, the 12-track album is the band’s first full-length collection of new material since 2016’s Hardwired…To Self-Destruct.

Speaking on the concept of the album title, James said: “72 seasons. The first 18 years of our lives that form our true or false selves. The concept that we were told ‘who we are’ by our parents. A possible pigeonholing around what kind of personality we are. I think the most interesting part of this is the continued study of those core beliefs and how it affects our perception of the world today. Much of our adult experience is a reenactment or reaction to these childhood experiences. Prisoners of childhood or breaking free of those bondages we carry.”

And a massive world tour that last two years and sounds insane:

View attachment 23891

This band is, yet again, showing how to do things. 2 shows in each city with completely different setlists?

Shame the UK dates have to be at Download festival. Here’s hoping for some London gigs at some point.

I certainly don't think the tour's going to have that short of an itinerary. The band's stated before they've cut themselves down to 50 dates a year, so there's definitely plenty of room to sandwich other mid-week dates in there.

Sounds like the Stone Cold Crazy riff. The song didn’t surprise me to be honest. Great marketing campaign with the tour btw.
About the supporting bands I’m sure we’ll going to see Blabbermouth headlines like : we’re supporting the best metal band on the planet and creepy things like that.

I certainly don't think the tour's going to have that short of an itinerary. The band's stated before they've cut themselves down to 50 dates a year, so there's definitely plenty of room to sandwich other mid-week dates in there.
There's room for more weekend dates for the UK at least. I think their days of playing outside of weekends is done. This feels a lot like winding down the touring machine rather than a brave new start to a new era, going out with a gimmick and trying to sell two tickets at once. Considering the tour name I wouldn't be surprised if they did 72 dates total, which would mean stretching into 2025 and doing the obvious South American dates, probably Asia and Australia too.

Song's alright, nothing amazing. Boring riffs, boring lyrics, boring drums, boring solo. Production somehow seems like it actually regressed a bit from HTSD, lots of autotune on James's vocals. Lars is using (parts of) his old Artstar II kit from the Black Album tour in the video. That cover art is ugly as sin, even if it wasn't yellow. Get rid of all the crap in the foreground and replace the crib with an illustration and it'd be a lot better.

I saw Metallica in 2012 and 2014 but after that I lost completely interest. Hardwired was ok, but forgettable and they aren't the live band they used to be. It's cool what they are doing next year but give me Maiden's approach every day of the week.

The song is really good. Definite Kill 'Em All vibes, and it sounds like some of the songs they have covered in the past (I hear a little bit of Killing Time, and The Prince, and of course the lyric ..lightning to the nations). I hope the there's more songs with Kill 'Em All, sound and vibes. Anyone else think this could be at least a partial concept album, with a unifying theme through some of the songs rather than a complete story?

I have no doubt that I'm probably looking at $300 USD per ticket. Which sounds idiotic, but I might just do it.

These are the prices for the Spanish shows (apparently the tickets are valid for both dates):

PL1 SNAKE PIT 550€ + 73€ in booking fees
PL2 SEATS 225€ + 30€ in booking fees
PL3 STANDING GA 200€ + 26,50€ in booking fees
PL4 SEATS 170€ + 22,50€ in booking fees
PL4 CHILDREN 85€ + 11.50€ in booking fees
PL5 SEATS 145€ + 19,50€ in booking fees
PL6 SEATS 125€ + 16,50€ in booking fees
PL7 SEATS 115€ + 15,50€ in booking fees
PL8 SEATS 105€ + 14€ in booking fees
“NOTHING ELSE MATTERS” SNAKE PIT EXPERIENCE: 2823€ + 375€ in booking fees
“MOTH INTO FLAME” SNAKE PIT EXPERIENCE: 969€ + 129€ in booking fees
“ONE” EXPERIENCE: 793€ + 105€ in booking fees