Metallica

Such a brilliant setlists indeed!

Fixxxer, Sanitarium, No Leaf Clover and The Day That Never Comes would definitely be in my "wishlist" for a Metallica show. At least now, as I wouldn't have even dreamed about Fixxxer before, as eager as 'Tallica has been to introduce fresh cuts to their sets anyway.

I would love to see them play these deep cuts: Jump in the Fire, Motorbreath, Phantom Lord, No Remorse, Metal Militia, Escape, Call of Ktulu, The Thing That Should Not Be, Disposable Heroes, To Live is to Die, Dyers Eve.

Also covers from Garage Inc: Helpless, Sabbra Cadabra/A National Acrobat, Crash Course in Brain Surgery, The Prince, Overkill, Stone Dead Forever, Stone Cold Crazy.

I just discovered this today, Some guy redid St Anger in 2015
Sounds 1,000 times better than the original.
This is actually listenable.
With the original I cannot listen to the whole album in one go, actually I very much struggle to listen to just one entire song from this album.

But this take on the album is actually listenable. The songs still aren't great, I think they would be improved by some guitar solos and guitar melody lines and the lyrics ought to be reworked and the songs cut back, or something done to them to make them more interesting.

But this guys version ain't half bad.
The first song is quite good. "Frantic" the actual Metallica version is disgusting. This guy's version actually reminds me of White Zombie.
The Frantic, tic tic tick tock part should be done away with.

This guys version of St Anger is better than the original but, well, I don't think that song can be made good.
I haven't listened to the whole thing yet, but thought I'd share here in case there is someone who hasn't found this. Much better than the original. the drums sound really decent, the singer is much better than Hetfield. The songs have a little more room to breathe.

First word of the tracklist is Maiden which I believe is intentional. There will probably be a ton of nods and tribute moments from Kirk towards his influences.

Looking forward to this - it's the anticipated release ATM, with Dickinson's record having no release date yet.
Hammet can be a far better guitar player than whatever he did for Metallica.

To me, it sounds like a take on modern Maiden by someone who's not Maiden. Not saying Kirk's actively trying to do that style, but thematically there's a lot of 'familiar' stuff in there.

This definitely doesn’t sound like a Metallica song, although it feels like Metallica playing style when it gets heavy. I do catch Maiden-esque pieces, but mostly it sounds like Kirk aping Nightwish and also, in the first half, trying to score a nature documentary (also like Nightwish). But it’s pretty solid. One of the most tasteful solos he’s done, at least in a while, if not all-time (I think he’s one of the worst soloists in metal history so that’s saying something). Interesting song and nice to hear him showcase how much more talented he can be when not playing with Metallica.

It’s a really cool EP overall, but that’s all down to the production. The actual parts are really quite stock. It’s shocking to me that someone as famous, as legendary, as important as Kirk Hammett can still only write pretty basic riffs.

It’s a really cool EP overall, but that’s all down to the production. The actual parts are really quite stock. It’s shocking to me that someone as famous, as legendary, as important as Kirk Hammett can still only write pretty basic riffs.

From what I heard I thought it was intentional to give some something simple but personal and with lots of heart.

Back