METALLICA SURVIVOR 2016: Results - Fade to Black wins again

Are you satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
2 votes for Ride The Lightning already? :nuts:

Motorbreath, Pulling Teeth, Phantom Lord, No Remorse, Metal Militia, Trapped Under Ice, Escape

The big question: Can the new record do what other post-1980s-era albums couldn't do last time: Deliver (at least) one song in the top 10. If I could choose: decidedly yes!

Previous top 10

Top Ten:
1: Fade to Black
2: Creeping Death
3: One
4: Master of Puppets
5: Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
6: For Whom the Bell Tolls
7: Battery
8: Blackened
9: The Four Horsemen
10: Seek and Destroy

Last edited:
The big question: Can the new record do what other post-1980s-era albums couldn't do last time: Deliver (at least) one song in the top 10. If I could choose: decidedly yes!

Previous top 10

Top Ten:
1: Fade to Black
2: Creeping Death
3: One
4: Master of Puppets
5: Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
6: For Whom the Bell Tolls
7: Battery
8: Blackened
9: The Four Horsemen
10: Seek and Destroy
No top ten worthy songs from the new album have immediately jumped out at me, but we'll see if there are growers.

Haven't heard the new album yet but I'd definitely rather have Moth Into Flame over The Four Horsemen from Alabama in the Top 10.

Haven't heard the new album yet but I'd definitely rather have Moth Into Flame over The Four Horsemen from Alabama in the Top 10.
There are a couple songs that I would take out of that top ten, but I wouldn't replace them with HTSD songs.

Hardwired doesn't have a Top 10 song on it, that's not a slight, it's Metallica we're talking about. Some of metal's greatest songs.

Only post-AFJA song that's a contender for Top 10 is All Nightmare Long, imo.

So many votes for Phantom Lord.:(

You voted for Jump in the Fire though, invalid. :p

Wherever I May Roam is an easy top ten for me. There's some good stuff on Reload too, but not quite top 10 worthy.

BTW the USA (idk about other countries) spotify has all the music from the recent boxsets for Kill 'Em All and Ride the Lightning, some really cool vintage demos and live recordings there!

Jump, Pulling Teeth, Whiplash, Metal Militia, Fight Fire With Fire, Trapped, Escape.

Motorbreath
Jump in the Fire
Pulling Teeth
No Remorse
Metal Militia
Fight Fire With Fire

The debut is a fun album with a lot of punk influence, but other than Four Horsemen, nothing on the album hints at the heights the band would reach later on. Ride the Lightning, on the other hand, is a near perfect album. Even the weaker songs are still pretty good. Easily their best.

Easy first round votes, but I'm not gonna go crazy with them yet.

Pulling Teeth
Phantom
Metal Militia
Fight Fire

The debut is a fun album with a lot of punk influence, but other than Four Horsemen, nothing on the album hints at the heights the band would reach later on. Ride the Lightning, on the other hand, is a near perfect album. Even the weaker songs are still pretty good. Easily their best.

Totally agree about Kill 'Em All. They're all disposable songs except for Four Horsemen, which is a classic. One of my least favorite Metallica albums due to the "we are metal, playing metal, singing about metal" syndrome.

RTL is much better, but still has some classics.

Kill'Em all doesn't have weaker moments as on Puppets and Justice and any other Metallica album bar Lighting. Very consistent album. Not just "fun". Lots of good songs. Absolutely not disposable. Indespensible!

It's disposable like heroes
I still like it tough, and not just that one song
For instance, Phantom Lord is way way better than No Remorse. I voted for both, but had to remove the PL vote

Kill'Em all doesn't have weaker moments as on Puppets and Justice and any other Metallica album bar Lighting. Very consistent album. Not just "fun". Lots of good songs. Absolutely not disposable. Indespensible!

What do you consider the weak moments on Puppets and Justice to be?

Back