Metallica Survivor 2013: Results Thread - Fade to Black wins!

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
To be honest, the remaining 80s songs are very strong, Collin. I like DM a lot but still.
Death Magnetic was my first Metallica album. It's still one of the strongest and most consistent Metallica albums, it's even more consistent that Master of Puppets.

It's still one of the strongest and most consistent Metallica albums, it's even more consistent that Master of Puppets.

I will give you that; it is quite consistent. There isn't one song on there that I absolutely despise or even skip, whereas Puppets had Damage Inc. which I never cared for (too thrashy). Aside from the production issues (clipping/loudness war), I think DM is quite a solid album. It may lack the soul of Load, the semi-neoclassical influence of some of their mid-80s works, or the complexity of Justice, but it is a good listen.

I will give you that; it is quite consistent. There isn't one song on there that I absolutely despise or even skip, whereas Puppets had Damage Inc. which I never cared for (too thrashy). Aside from the production issues (clipping/loudness war), I think DM is quite a solid album. It may lack the soul of Load, the semi-neoclassical influence of some of their mid-80s works, or the complexity of Justice, but it is a good listen.
Death Magnetic is my second favorite album by Metallica, The best is easily Justice. I agree with you on the fact that there isn't a bad song on it. I'm not bothered too much by the loudness war, it just doesn't really affect me. I think it's more than a great listen, It's an extraordinary listen!

Load has soul? No.

When it comes to Metallica albums, nothing beats Ride the Lightning. My favorite heavy metal album if you don't count the Maiden related ones.

Eliminated:
Hate Train
Just a Bullet Away
Hell and Back
Rebel of Babylon

I could never really get into half of Lightning. Bells, Fade, Creeping, and Ktulu are excellent, and the title track is okay, but the other tracks are filler beyond belief to my ears.

Back