Metalholic has a review for BoS

Wow that review gets me more excited, which I'm surprised is possible. Wish someone would knock me out and wake me up 9/4.

So far this has been one of the most convincing reviews. It mentions one negative with "Bruce chasing the melody and leaving the listener breathless" in 'when the river runs deep'. I find the review much more credible than the others in that it mentions a niggle quite a few fans can relate to. Still gives 9.4. It's got to be good. Very excited.

Is it possible to hype it any further? Already the expectations are too high to please everyone. At this rate we would be expecting an orgasm by the time the first disc is complete. Keep yourself grounded folks.o_O

My expectations were high for TFF. I was quite dissapointed. It was nearly shite in my book.

It wasn't a catastrophy though. Part of the whole maiden experience is the expectation and when it is matched by the end product, well it's the wow experience of the century.

When it's not, you still have the pleasure of the expectation. Disappointment only lasts a short while, far less than the knowledge that what you are listening to is shite. They are two different things. Either way, the expectation for me is a positive experience and I wouldn't give it away for anything especially a crap record at the end.

But if you expect every epic to be as good as Alexander the great or Paschendale because of the hype then even a song like Dream of Mirrors will sound ordinary to that level of expectation. I would say it is reasonable to expect six great songs in a Maiden album. If that happens i am happy.

Back