Metal powerhouse duets

79transam

Prowler
Id like to spark a discussion on duets.

I really would love to see a Maiden album where Bruce has a guest singer for each song, new or old, mabey a mix of both.

My example would be:
Can I play With Madness- Bruce and Rob Halford
Caught Somewhere in Time- Bruce and Ozzy Osbourne
Moonchild- Bruce and Rob Halford again

I have more, but Id love to hear what you guys all come up with.  :ok:
Oh and I think a few female vocalists getting in on it would be super cool too.

Bruce and Ozzy on Caught Somewhere on Time?  I'm pretty sure that it would be as brutal as it is unrealistic.

Depends how they did it, but I know exactly what your saying. Still, Like a msclecar thats needing a lot of tlc, I can see the potential. Got any suggestions?

Caught Somewhere In Time is very heavy to sing...even Bruce does lousy job live.

Ozzy?  :D

Bruce and Ian Gillan would be my vote, he was the best singer for Black Sabbath in my opinion. Ozzy is heavily over-rated as a singer, I can't imagine how horrible he would be at singing anything by Iron Maiden, even the low Blaze stuff. Not to mention Bruce idolizing Ian. The Rock Aid Armenia cover of Smoke on the Water left me wanting more of that.
Dio would be interesting.

On a different angle, it would be nice to see/hear Paul and Blaze do a duet, I seem to remember they did a few years ago (leading to some comments about Blaze from Paul allegedly if I remember right).

Best duet ever though was Freddie Mercury and David Bowie though, can't beat that :p

You must!  Keeper of the Seven Keys II is a high quality power metal album-- you can't miss out on that one.

Didn't Bruce do something duet like with a female vocalist on Tears of the Dragon? I thought I could remember something like that from long ago.

Wasted CLV said:
Foro, I give you a big  :ok: for that idea!

I think Kiske might sing that song very well. They could divide the couplets and do the chorus both at the same time, Kiske delivering higher backing vocals. :)

Wasted CLV said:
You must!  Keeper of the Seven Keys II is a high quality power metal album-- you can't miss out on that one.

And part I!

Forostar said:
I think Kiske might sing that song very well. They could divide the couplets and do the chorus both at the same time, Kiske delivering higher backing vocals. :)

I think that would sound terrible, but you all know what I think about Kiske. ;)

What did you guys think of Cristina Scabbia's performance with Mustaine in A Tout Le Monde's second version? I think its awesome. It is in this type of context that I am inspired for the point of this topic.  :S  So far I get the feeling not everyone likes the idea of Maiden duets.

Back