Metal powerhouse duets

Thing is, I personally never really had a thing for metal duets. Granted, there are some good examples, but generally, I don't feel it works very well.

Ardius said:
Bruce and Ian Gillan would be my vote, he was the best singer for Black Sabbath in my opinion. Ozzy is heavily over-rated as a singer, I can't imagine how horrible he would be at singing anything by Iron Maiden, even the low Blaze stuff. Not to mention Bruce idolizing Ian. The Rock Aid Armenia cover of Smoke on the Water left me wanting more of that.
Dio would be interesting.

On a different angle, it would be nice to see/hear Paul and Blaze do a duet, I seem to remember they did a few years ago (leading to some comments about Blaze from Paul allegedly if I remember right).

Best duet ever though was Freddie Mercury and David Bowie though, can't beat that :p

David Bowie and Bing Crosby singing Christmas songs -- I think "White Christmas" -- or it was possibly "Silent NIght" -- can't remember, saw a video of it a long time ago on MTV.  It rocked though.

Bruce/Dio or Bruce/Halford would be amazing. :O

Probably a song like Where Eagles Dare or Moonchild. :O Or The Evil That Men Do!

That would be awkward actually.

jmpoet said:
David Bowie and Bing Crosby singing Christmas songs -- I think "White Christmas" -- or it was possibly "Silent NIght" -- can't remember, saw a video of it a long time ago on MTV.  It rocked though.

It was White Christmas, I think. And it hardly rocked - it was Crosby-style mellow. The singing was fine, but it was as far from rock as you can get.

In the title track of Tyranny of Souls (orignally intended for a project -called Trinity- with Bruce, Halford & Geoff Tate) you can really hear the parts which were meant for Halford.

A promo photo was made

trinity.jpg

but unfortunately it never happened since Halford got involved with Priest again.

It still could happen, I would love to hear another collaboration of my two favourite singers.

SinisterMinisterX said:
It was White Christmas, I think. And it hardly rocked - it was Crosby-style mellow. The singing was fine, but it was as far from rock/ as you can get.

"It rocked" is slang where I'm from -- just means it was a cool thing/event/place/person.  Not that it was a headbanger.  Guess I thought that part of the 'rock' definition was understood all over.

E.G.  "That restaurant really rocked!"  Meaning the food/service was great, not that it was necessarily playing really loud music with galloping guitar parts in it.

Or how about:  "Their new house really rocks!"  So it's not that the house has even a sound system in it yet, but that it's a great new home and suits the owners and apparently is comfortable with a lot of all the newest conveniences.

Off thread, but necessary to defend myself and my innocuous comment in previous post.

Forostar said:
In the title track of Tyranny of Souls (orignally intended for a project -called Trinity- with Bruce, Halford & Geoff Tate) you can really hear the parts which were meant for Halford.

A promo photo was made

trinity.jpg

but unfortunately it never happened since Halford got involved with Priest again.

It still could happen, I would love to hear another collaboration of my two favourite singers.

o_O That is one epic photograph. Mine.

Back