Megadeth

Doctor: I'm sorry Mr. Mustaine, you have throat cancer. We will need to do radiation/chemo immediately
Dave: Doctor, I am in a heavy metal band, tell me, will I be able to sing after?
Doctor: Well, with luck, yes.
Dave: Sweet because I can't sing now.

In all seriousness, I hope Dave is better as soon as possible!

Unless Mustaine wants to use the new found success of Dystopia to reach wider audiences (He's done that before) the follow up to Dystopia was/is gonna be great either way, because the current line-up really dug into something great together so hopefully they can just keep that going...

I dunno, Megadeth tends to be pretty inconsistent. They’ll be on to something and then completely lose it on the next album.

Sucks about Megadave though, hope he gets well soon.

I dunno, Megadeth tends to be pretty inconsistent. They’ll be on to something and then completely lose it on the next album

Yeah indeed, that's what I meant when I said I hope the success of Dystopia hasn't shaken up the songwriting too much. I could easily imagine Mustaine thinking he needs to walk down a new path because of the success of the last album - something they've done before :D

Am I a horrible person for thinking he might use this as an excuse to disband the group again, then reform it in a few years with all the other band members getting even shittier financial terms...? :huh:

Why would he use his throat cancer to disband the group?

But yes, Mustaine can fire anyone at will, basically. Well perhaps except Ellefson ;)

Back