Megadeth

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/me...ren-to-me-is-like-the-ghost-of-gar-samuelson/

On what new MEGADETH drummer Dirk Verbeuren brings to the band:

Mustaine: "The thing that Dirk brings to the band is this uncanny similarity to [late MEGADETH drummer] Gar Samuelson, and that, to me, is the best thing out of all of it. Whether he can play fast or not, he can, and whether he can play metal or not, he can, and whether he can play jazz or not, he totally can. And it's been so long… You know, Nick [Menza, late MEGADETH drummer] was great, but Gar had something Nick didn't. Nick was a metal kind of jazz guy. Gar was… he was an innovator. Dirk, to me, is like the ghost of Gar Samuelson; it's really crazy. And, unfortunately, both those drummers [Gar and Nick], they're no longer with us to have them do a drum-off, so I can say, 'See, I told ya.' But I'm flattered to have been graced with such great drummers in the first place."

"Unfortunately, neither of my old drummers are alive for them to compete against my new drummer and have me laugh at them because my new drummer is better than both of them!"

Jesus Christ, Dave. Shut your fucking mouth sometimes. The older he gets the more he starts to just blather on about any retarded, egomaniacal thing he's thinking. He's like metal Trump.

Jesus Christ, Dave. Shut your fucking mouth sometimes. The older he gets the more he starts to just blather on about any retarded, egomaniacal thing he's thinking. He's like metal Trump.

Actually, he was always like than, at times even worse.
It is this wonderful era of Internet when we are blessed with statements like this. Usually, his ramblings were reduced only on interviews. Now, we have our daily dose of Dave-isms.

Just been released. New album? Rust In Peace re-release? I'm hoping that it's the former and Megadeth are taking a historical route this time around, but who knows? Discuss!

It's probably a new album. If it is a new album then not including a snippet of a new song is odd. I highly doubt a Rust in Peace re-release. They just did the anniversary tour a few years ago.

The only interesting thing about this is the songs Dave has chosen from the newer albums. Or maybe he just ignores them and picks songs only from 80s and 90s.

Back