Megadeth Survivor 2014 - Results

Satisfied?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Megadeth's cover of "Never Say Die!" is actually really worth checking out, I'm surprised it didn't make it onto Hidden Treasures. A really dry and lifeless song on the original album that just explodes with energy when played live.

Considering I just revisited Duke Nukem 3D, there's no way I can vote against that theme. It's incredibly catchy. Why Megadeth covered it I'll never know, but I'm glad they did.

Until this moment, despite knowing better, I thought it was their song...:blink:

Megadeth's cover of "Never Say Die!" is actually really worth checking out, I'm surprised it didn't make it onto Hidden Treasures. A really dry and lifeless song on the original album that just explodes with energy when played live.

I agree. It's pretty significant that I enjoy Dave singing NSD and Paranoid more than Ozzy.

I agree. It's pretty significant that I enjoy Dave singing NSD and Paranoid more than Ozzy.

That really is saying something, yeah. Dave's pissed off attitude really fits some of the Ozzy era stuff well. Dave is a terrible singer no doubt, but his voice makes up for that with charisma and attitude that complements the music so well.

That really is saying something, yeah. Dave's pissed off attitude really fits some of the Ozzy era stuff well. Dave is a terrible singer no doubt, but his voice makes up for that with charisma and attitude that complements the music so well.

Absolutely. Although Ozzy fits that early music well, he's always sounded like a shell to me. His voice is just hollow. I will always defend Mustaine's voice, simply because he sings with so much attitude.

Ozzy's just too damn nasaly and annoying. I can listen to a lot of bad singers but none of them are actually painful to listen to like him.

He's certainly got an annoying quality to his voice, and he hasn't been able to sing for 10+ years, but he does have a very distinctive voice. Granted, it's simple and untrained and annoying, but he's unique, if nothing else. Same can be said of Mustaine, but he's got so much more grit.

Eliminated:
Absolution
Duke Nukem Theme
Diadems

Promoted:
Angry Again (1)
99 Ways to Die (2)

Songs that had the number 2 seed from each album join the battle
Quarterfinals lasts 3 rounds. After that will obviously be semifinals.

Eliminated:
Disconnect
The Hardest Part of Letting Go... Sealed With a Kiss
Sudden Death

Last Rites
RIP
Sleepwalker
(Lucretia by accident)

Five Magics is likely gone, isn't it? Hope Take No Prisoners stays in the game.

Back