Manowar

I've listened to the new EP (which was released today). My review is:

- the first song is an intro (2:39), but an epic one. It's like your army go to battle. Great start for this EP (and overall from the album - there are 2 more EPs). 9/10.
- the second song is a nice rocker (4:42). Good melodic chorus, great riff and very good solo. It has a scream at the end too. The song is in typical Manowar style. 8/10.
- the third song is a mini epic (5:59). It starts with pipes, slow tempo song with an amazing chorus. Good melodic solo too. The best song on this EP. 9/10.
- the fourth and last song is a very bad one (6:08). Joey DeMaio on vocals - he just growls.... strange solo. Totally unnecessary song. 1/10.

Last edited:
Manowar finally revealed the previously promised epic stage set. It looks great! :yes:

56300236_10156434771153517_8932703978999775232_n.jpg 56387525_10156431694188517_9057839229853237248_n.jpg

Last edited:
I've listened to the new EP (which was released today). My review is:

- the first song is an intro (2:39), but an epic one. It's like your army go to battle. Great start for this EP (and overall from the album - there are 2 more EPs). 9/10.
- the second song is a nice rocker (4:42). Good melodic chorus, great riff and very good solo. It has a scream at the end too. The song is in typical Manowar style. 8/10.
- the third song is a mini epic (5:59). It starts with pipes, slow tempo song with an amazing chorus. Good melodic solo too. The best song on this EP. 9/10.
- the fourth and last song is a very bad one (6:08). Joey DeMaio on vocals - he just growls.... strange solo. Totally unnecessary song. 1/10.

EP rating - 6,75

I think this ep hasn't enough level. To me the total rating is 4
Agree with the last one 6: 08 that had to finnish in the minute 2.

I had a look at the setlist and watched some YouTube footage from the Final Battle tour and I have to say the setlist is really disappointing. Too many sing-a-long, beer-in-hand boastful Manowar tunes from the more recent albums and not enough of the early, epic and majestic stuff!

Also, Joey has apparently already said that the "final" in Final Battle doesn't mean the final for Manowar....so yeah....:huh:

They announced their appearance on stage at Hellfest last year. Apparently they were there yesterday and decided to leave.

From their website...

After 18 months of tireless work and preparation we arrived at the Hellfest site yesterday, ready to play today.

The Hellfest organizers obstructed our efforts to put on the epic show we had promised.

Despite what you may hear or read, the Hellfest organizers did have control over the circumstances that prevented our performance.

We always have and always will fight to give our fans 100%.

Be interesting to hear what happened. 18 months to iron out any issues or for the band to tell the organisers exactly what they had planned.
Wonder what their refund policy is. The Ultimate Fan Experience for the next gig is 1800 euro, I'm sure Hellfest was similar.

Sounds like it perhaps wasn't possible for Hellfest to allow Manowar to go on stage with the full stage set and props and everything? But that's usually pretty normal at festivals - that you don't get to bring your complete indoor show. Sounds like bad communication from the get-go may be at fault here.

Rumour has it that they wanted to perform a soundcheck while Knotfest was going on the day before Hellfest and threw a tantrum when they were informed that it was not possible (as they already knew beforehand).

Manowar leave the hall! :lol:

New Manowar DVD filmed (at their first ever concert) in Mexico (in 2020) is coming soon.

This historic event was recorded in highest definition, with over 15 8k and 4k cameras, a drone and immersive audio set up and will soon be released on Blu-ray, DVD and digital platforms.

Back