Maiden's Norwegian bar tab

It's both. 8,3 Euro for a Guinness? Woah.

On the other hand: 78 Guinness? Woah!

Yes, but that means Perun is about right. 8,3 € for a pint. That equals between 60 and 70 NOK which is a common price for a pint of Guinness in Norway.

Yes, we are being ripped off. 

Eddies Wingman said:
Yes, but that means Perun is about right. 8,3 € for a pint. That equals between 60 and 70 NOK which is a common price for a pint of Guinness in Norway.

Yes, we are being ripped off. 

A mate of mine from Norway amused us all by asking if we could watch his beer while he's on the loo.

Nobody steals beer here, not at 2-3 Euros.

Plus, most people take their beer with them while pissing.

Reumeren said:
That's norwegian prices for ya  :innocent:

For serious. I'm good friends with a Norwegian girl who is a transfer student from Oslo. She has an apartment to herself in a nice part of San Francisco for what she says is 2/3rds of what she had to pay to share one back home.

San Francisco is like second to Manhattan in terms of costs in the US, so that's pretty ridiculous.

Eddies Wingman said:
What puzzles me is that after buying all that beer, the still had to pay for the nuts  :D They should have had nuts for free.

That's nuts.

I've seen pics of him inside the pub, but if he smokes he might very well have been in the alley as well.

What is a pity is that I frequent that pub regularly, I was actually considering going there that evening - but didn't. I have never forgiven myself for that.

Back