Maidenfans.com

Real World

Maindenfans.com Founder
This isn't maiden related but it is maidenfans related and since I'm boss round here I can post off topic posts here anyway ;)

If everyone could take a look at this news post I made on the main site I would appreciate it. The forum is and always was the biggest drain on the server. If any of you guys can help out I'd appreciate it very much. I've already plastered ad's around half the site and I can't make it much worse. This is the only option I have unfortunately.

http://www.maidenfans.com/index.php?ACT ... news&cid=1
 

Deano

Ancient Mariner
I'm willing to help as well RW but it'll have to wait til after Christmas (what, with 6 kids and all). I'm sure financial support will still be needed then?
 

Hunlord

Trooper
Done.

Isn't PayPal just a great way to pay, donate, and send money to friends and family? Yep, I sure do love PayPal, and have no motives behind that statement at all. :innocent:
 

Wästed The Great

Minister Of Chicks, Metal&Beer; Cool & Froody Dude
Staff member
Hahahahahaha.

I've done my part the last few months to pass lots of cash through the hands of paypal. 
 

Real World

Maindenfans.com Founder
D&N said:
I'm willing to help as well RW but it'll have to wait til after Christmas (what, with 6 kids and all). I'm sure financial support will still be needed then?

I suspect this financial crisis may be here for some time. Appreciate the offer. Don't donate anything you can't afford. As I said in my own post, family is more important!
 

Deano

Ancient Mariner
Well Christmas breaks me RW but I'm usually good after that. The IRS in America looks kindly on families with many kids for some reason and pays handsomely, I will be glad to help.  :)
 

Natalie

Insect of Terror
Staff member
Done.

Apparently PayPal is anal and so for the first time ever I had to put Chestnut Hill as the city and not Boston. Even the border security people at airports don't care that I put Boston and not Chestnut Hill on my forms. *shrugs*
 

MoonStone

Prowler
Sent 10 US Dlls today.  I'll try to help on a monthly basis....but it will depend on how hard this crisis will hit me next year. 
 

Hunlord

Trooper
Natalie said:
Apparently PayPal is anal and so for the first time ever I had to put Chestnut Hill as the city and not Boston. Even the border security people at airports don't care that I put Boston and not Chestnut Hill on my forms. *shrugs*
PayPal is awesome and pays me lots of money to be awesome so therefore I will not hear a bad word said about it, unless I say it as I know its true.

I'd recommend that you set up a subscription RW, that way people can contribute monthly without having to log into their account every month and pay manually. Will send you instructions should you wish when I'm back in work and more spber, PM me for more info and to give an email address to send the info to.
 

Albie

Keeping an open eye on the Weeping Angels.
Hunlord said:
I'd recommend that you set up a subscription RW, that way people can contribute monthly without having to log into their account every month and pay manually.
There has been talk about this in the past and I think it's a good idea.


Although, if I was to pay in Dollars, it's going to cost me more and more each month, judging by the rate of the falling pound. :huh:
 

____no5

Free Man
Albie said:
Although, if I was to pay in Dollars, it's going to cost me more and more each month, judging by the rate of the falling pound. :huh:

not if you're decreasing your contribution according to the ratio dallar /pound  :smartarse:
in fact you can even win some money with a slightly bigger reduction  :D
 

Wästed The Great

Minister Of Chicks, Metal&Beer; Cool & Froody Dude
Staff member
Albie said:
There has been talk about this in the past and I think it's a good idea.


Although, if I was to pay in Dollars, it's going to cost me more and more each month, judging by the rate of the falling pound. :huh:

Take money that you would usually put into savings, buy US dollars, then watch the pound fall, transfer them back later, and you've made some money.
 
Top