Maiden to film Buenos Aires and Santiago for DVD

Yax

Ancient Mariner
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_releases/iron_maiden_work_on_new_live_dvd.html

Iron Maiden's April 8 and April 10 concerts in Buenos Aires, Argentina and Santiago, Chile, respectively, will be professionally filmed and recorded for a future DVD release.

In a recent interview with Chile's Futuro 88.9 FM, Iron Maiden bassist Steve Harris stated about the DVD upcoming shoot, "We will record two shows. We will use footage from both concerts for the DVD."

"We have amazing supporters in Chile and Argentina and we want to show more of the audiences from those parts of the world. We already filmed some footage there for the 'Flight 666' movie, but only one song per country was used. We will now have a chance to show much more of the crowds in Chile and Argentina."

"Wherever we go, we are always asked what the best audiences in the world are, and we always say that it is South America - Chile, Argentina and Sao Paulo, Brazil. Now we can show it."

When asked if the setlist for the Buenos Aires and Santiago concerts will be the same as the one the band has been playing on the current "Final Frontier World Tour", Harris said, "The setlist that we are playing is basically the same we have been playing on this tour, what you have been able to see on Internet. The sets that we will do in Chile and Argentina will be the same, but for these two special shows that will be recorded, we have prepared more songs and a bigger production. So what you will see in Chile will be a long and big show."

Regarding how many cameras will be used to capture the performances, Harris said, "I think it will be about 10 or 12. I had always been involved in the production and direction of the concert DVDs in the past, but we are now working with a very good company, the guys who made the documentary 'Flight 666'. They are the ones who are responsible for recording these shows, so for me at least it is a great relief."

Iron Maiden was honored with a Grammy in the "Best Metal Performance" category in the pre-telecast ceremony at the 53rd annual Grammy Awards, which was held on February 13 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. Iron Maiden was nominated for the track "El Dorado", from the band's 2010 album "The Final Frontier".

"The Final Frontier" sold 63,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to enter The Billboard 200 chart at position No. 4.

"The Final Frontier" was Iron Maiden's fourth U.K. No. 1 album. The band previously topped the chart in 1982 with "The Number Of The Beast", in 1988 with "Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son" and in 1992 with "Fear Of The Dark".

True. I think it's fine to leave this here, because some people avoid that thread entirely. The extended setlist is subject to much discussion amongst us, but I have no sweet idea what'll happen with it.

LooseCannon said:
True. I think it's fine to leave this here, because some people avoid that thread entirely. The extended setlist is subject to much discussion amongst us, but I have no sweet idea what'll happen with it.

Grr, it's really difficult to avoid that thread...

Yax said:
When asked if the setlist for the Buenos Aires and Santiago concerts will be the same as the one the band has been playing on the current "Final Frontier World Tour", Harris said, "The setlist that we are playing is basically the same we have been playing on this tour, what you have been able to see on Internet. The sets that we will do in Chile and Argentina will be the same, but for these two special shows that will be recorded, we have prepared more songs and a bigger production. So what you will see in Chile will be a long and big show.

Am I the only one who is not sure how to interpret this?

1. Basically the same (I think he means the same plus more)
2. Sets in Chile and Argentina will be the same (I guess he means those two gigs will be the same, they're not the same as other gigs)
3. Why doesn't he mention Argentina here?

Sounds like a messy press statement to me.

Anyway, I am very curious, and it's interesting that the DVD contains the most of what Maiden did, opposed to the Rock in Rio gig which had less than some other gigs in South America.

From Kevin Shirley's website:
Iron Maiden Live - Santiago 2011(not scheduled yet) EMI P, E, M
Iron Maiden Amosw (Not scheduled yet) ?? P, E, M (5.1 & 2.0)

What is this Amosw thing? A Matter Of Something Wicked? A Matter Of Strange World?

I've sent him mail about that, three years ago, he didn't respond. That entry popped up before SBiT tour started in early 2008.

Night Prowler said:
From Kevin Shirley's website:
Iron Maiden Live - Santiago 2011(not scheduled yet) EMI P, E, M
Iron Maiden Amosw (Not scheduled yet) ?? P, E, M (5.1 & 2.0)

What is this Amosw thing? A Matter Of Something Wicked? A Matter Of Strange World?

Maybe it's a live from Donington Download festival 2007. The band filmed it and said they will release a DVD from the concert some time in the future.

If that is actually donington '07 then its been in the pipeline a ridiculous amount of time... we wanit!!! and another for good luck!
seriously... forget maiden england. for me, I WANT AMOLAD, just missed that tour  [now calming down... with this dvd coming up they might forget about it for another few years (cough* or make it a bonus disc  :ok:)]

Robbiedbee said:
Is that the one Steve and Kevin can be seen working on in the Flight 666 Documentary?
Yes it is. I have a bootleg of it and I really don't care whether or not it gets released. The only song that I really enjoy on that show is BTATS. The concert as a whole really isn't that good.

^ agreed. It's clear daylight when show began, i simply don't know how that's going to work. And, AMOLAD tour had a great light show, that's seen on various bootlegs, i never saw those elements on Donington bootleg, maybe it's camera angles.

In any case, they should have released a full AMOLAD show.
This point has been raised before, they release live videos that share a significant portion of material (the classics). I think it's stupid. Large portion of their typical audience consists of people that would rather hear classics than new/least known material, but those people won't buy DVDs. Real fans mostly buy DVDs and they don't want to hear the same songs all over again.

However - here they had the chance to satisfy both; full AMOLAD gig as main content + classics that were played only on AMOTB leg, from Donington + Abbey Road sessions, and have a DVD packed of quality material.

I bet Donington isn't going to be released because they realized that gig just doesn't do it. I don't see any other reason behind 3 year delay, with no direct statements from the band whatsoever.

Zare said:
^ agreed. It's clear daylight when show began, i simply don't know how that's going to work. And, AMOLAD tour had a great light show, that's seen on various bootlegs, i never saw those elements on Donington bootleg, maybe it's camera angles.

In any case, they should have released a full AMOLAD show.
This point has been raised before, they release live videos that share a significant portion of material (the classics). I think it's stupid. Large portion of their typical audience consists of people that would rather hear classics than new/least known material, but those people won't buy DVDs. Real fans mostly buy DVDs and they don't want to hear the same songs all over again.

However - here they had the chance to satisfy both; full AMOLAD gig as main content + classics that were played only on AMOTB leg, from Donington + Abbey Road sessions, and have a DVD packed of quality material.

I bet Donington isn't going to be released because they realized that gig just doesn't do it. I don't see any other reason behind 3 year delay, with no direct statements from the band whatsoever.
This is what bothers me the most. I wish they wouldn't just ignore something like this.

I'd say it's pretty clear at this point.  Retro releases like Maiden England can spawn tours.  Releases like AMOLAD live cannot.  Think about it, the last time an album related live album/DVD came out was prior to the successes they saw as a result of the Early Days touring. 

Despite what the band says, I honestly would not be surprised to see 06/10/11 DVDs/CDs until after all the old stuff is out first and toured for. 

Donner said:
I'd say it's pretty clear at this point.  Retro releases like Maiden England can spawn tours.  Releases like AMOLAD live cannot.  Think about it, the last time an album related live album/DVD came out was prior to the successes they saw as a result of the Early Days touring. 

Despite what the band says, I honestly would not be surprised to see 06/10/11 DVDs/CDs until after all the old stuff is out first and toured for. 
As much as you are probably right, that really sucks.

Back