Maiden Radio - A Spotify Playlist

Diesel 11

As you scream into the web of silence...
As originally posted in the 1,000,000 replies thread....

For a while I've been considering throwing together everything on Spotify released by Maiden or members of Maiden. Thus far it consists of over 1,000 songs - and features Maiden, Bruce, British Lion, Blaze, Di'Anno, Samson, the original songs that Maiden covered on their b-sides and such, tribute albums, and Maiden uniteD.

The playlist can found via this link: https://open.spotify.com/user/21c2y...FRrFk2bnt52E6XdDgr1?si=ZFADhitxTiKi36mH6DcHvQ

The idea is to listen to it in shuffle, giving it a radio-esque feel and hence where the name comes from.

I highly doubt I've already completed everything possible to add, so for those in the know, it would be a great help to me if suggestions for additions to the playlist could be voiced to make it the best possible. I've already received the following:
In terms of covers:

Devildriver - Wasted Years
Testament - Powerslave
Sentenced - The Trooper
Iced Earth - The Trooper
Iced Earth - Transylvania

I can't think of any others right now. It might be worth your while opening up a thread for this in Maiden Chat.
There's "To Tame a Land" by Dream Theater.

Any other covers, creations, solo member material, etc to add would be much appreciated. I'm also considering adding some bands that influenced Maiden, bands that were influenced by Maiden, and contemporaries of the band, but am unsure which I should add, which songs to include, and if this is even a good idea.

So yeah. Enjoy the playlist and any help for suggestions I can get would be much appreciated.

Also, I don't know if this is interesting for the playlist or not, but there are some lovely 8-bit versions of Maiden songs by 8-Bit Universe on Spotify. They did both "The Trooper" and "Run to the Hills", I think. Not sure if there are others.

Let’s see... Sabaton covered ATSS, Powerwolf covered TETMD, and Bruce sang on Halford’s The One You Love To Hate.

Also, I don't know if this is interesting for the playlist or not, but there are some lovely 8-bit versions of Maiden songs by 8-Bit Universe on Spotify. They did both "The Trooper" and "Run to the Hills", I think. Not sure if there are others.
8-Bit Misfits have an entire album named 8-Bit Versions of Iron Maiden.

Opeth’s Remember Tomorrow is my favorite. The only Maiden cover I’ve heard by a popular artist that I really like.

I love Testament's 'Powerslave' cover. Skolnick and Peterson nail the solos and Chuck Billy makes it sound believably like a Testament song.

Personally I’ve never been much of a fan of it, but it’s been a while since I last heard it. Interestingly enough, I never cared for FM’s “That Girl” until it came on today when I started listening to this playlist. Wow was it good.

Any thoughts on including influences of Maiden, the influences by Maiden, and contemporaries? Should I add some or leave it to only include specifically Maiden-related stuff?

Back