Maiden new album in 2014

After tours it is always a collective decision to just have time off I think, and then it's up to everyone want they want to do with that free time, if they wanna pursue own projects or whatever...

But yeah I think you're right about British Lion. It must be cool for Steve to stand on smaller stages in front of small crowds too, considering he hasn't done that since the early 80s or at some places with Blaze in the 90s. Whole new experience :)

Maybe not when you see that sideshow live.
Kinda irrelevant though. Talking about albums, not live performances.

There isn't anything that makes me even begin to entertain the idea that there won't be another Maiden album. They never really say that they're working on, especially when they're still on tour. I bet they take 2014 off, it the studio in early 2015, tour in the summer with an album released in August. Just like with DoD and TFF.

Yeah, that sounds about right. People are just up in arms because the boys are pushing 60, so naturally the rumors start flying around. They've got a pretty predictable rhythm going, I think.

Yea, which I totally understand. Obviously they're going to slow down, but I don't see them hanging it up without doing at least one more album first.

Well, live they are not slowing down at all...As long as everyone in the band is keen on carrying on they'll continue to put out albums and tour...if one of them doesn't wanna do it anymore, they'll stop everything. simple as. Maiden is just taking it as it's coming, and so should we.

Im glad Maiden are taking a year off, a new Maiden album would be lovely yes especially as the last few have been quality. But i dont want them ending up like Metallica, touring every year doing a tonne of shows. Metallica right now after watching that RiR performance looked burned out, they need time off. But they will most likely be touring next year with the 3D film show set apparently. Maiden need time off so they dont burn out like Tallica have, Rush are the odd ones out for me they seem to tour every year but sound as awesome as they did the tour before. If the take the whole of 2014 off or write by themselves throughout i wouldnt be too bothered by it.

Kinda irrelevant though. Talking about albums, not live performances.
Absolutely not irrelevant. This time, an album might mean a tour, especially when Maiden takes a break for a whole calender year (a rare event; most people on this board never heard of Iron Maiden when they did that for the last time).

Metallica had been sounding tired for a few years now (it does not help that Hetfield's voice is shot and Lars cannot play the drums that well anymore), but I understand what you mean.

Rush are the odd ones out for me they seem to tour every year but sound as awesome as they did the tour before.

As much as I like Rush, Geddy's voice is sounding worse and worse. Perhaps doing those long shows is not such a great idea. :(

Regarding Maiden, I'd rather have a new album in 2014, but I guess they have other plans for next year. I would not mind getting a new album from Bruce (he has been working on it with Roy) in the meantime, although I doubt it would be as amazing as "The Chemical Wedding".

But yeah I think you're right about British Lion. It must be cool for Steve to stand on smaller stages in front of small crowds too, considering he hasn't done that since the early 80s or at some places with Blaze in the 90s. Whole new experience :)

In the last Fan Club magazine (#96) he mentions that he now gets the best of both worlds: huge venues with Maiden and tiny ones with British lion (shame the singer is so weak; my words, not his :lol: ).

Metallica had been sounding tired for a few years now (it does not help that Hetfield's voice is shot and Lars cannot play the drums that well anymore), but I understand what you mean.

As much as I like Rush, Geddy's voice is sounding worse and worse. Perhaps doing those long shows is not such a great idea. :(

Regarding Maiden, I'd rather have a new album in 2014, but I guess they have other plans for next year. I would not mind getting a new album from Bruce (he has been working on it with Roy) in the meantime, although I doubt it would be as amazing as "The Chemical Wedding".

I couldnt disagree with you more with Geddys voice, i saw em in May and he sounded much better on this tour than he did on the Time Machine tour. As a unit, Rush set a high standard for performance that even now theyre 60 they make bands like Avenged Sevenfold, BFMV, Foo Fighters look poor.

I hope Brucie does a solo tour, christ id go to every gig in the UK if he does, especially if Roy Z is doing nothing and get Janick in as well. Tyranny of Souls album never got a tour, plus if Steve still wants to carry on with the British lion stuff (which was terrible in my opinion) gives Brucie time to tour. Even if its just 7 dates in uk, 15 in europe and a few here and there around the world. Hel have the beginning off and end of the year off, maybe have Brucie play Download on his solo.

I'm OK with them doing more touring next year then releasing a new album in 2015 (followed by another couple of tours).

I want a new album as bad as anyone here, but I'm relatively content as long as the band is still active. When they stop touring altogether I will be upset.

As much as I would love the newer album ASAP, if I get to see them again as early as next summer (with the unexpected return to the US this September, I realistically thought they wouldn't return until summer 2015), I would much rather have that!

But I have a bad feeling this summer 2014 tour may not even include the US at all... since we got them both of the past two summers already.

Perhaps they'll take that time to tour Asian/Australian/Pacific cities? Since they pretty much got the boot all other times this tour? Or maybe more European countries? But three summers in a row of touring the US? Could we be that lucky? While I hope to god they do come here, I'm not gonna get my hopes up until they actually tease/announce US dates next year.

If they do come back to the US, just as long as they come within the usual 300-350 mile radius of southern Illinois, I'll be able to see them again!

Back