Maiden Fans at School

Willie-Orwontee said:
Well Miley Cyrus claims that she is actually into Maiden:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2gBAtrC65c

Watch between 2-3 minutes

Yes, Run to the Hills, Fear of the Dark, Running Free and Sanctuary prove that you're a big Iron Maiden fan. I don't know why I even watched that. It shouldn't've bothered me as much as it did.

It honestly sounds like she went on youtube and typed in "iron maiden" to see what the first few songs are that come up.

Moonchild33 said:
At my school, they're so freaking popular. And people that I know for a fact don't even know who Maiden are wear them. You can get them at any store, that's why. I met ONE person with a Maiden shirt that actually went to the same gig I went to on June 19th. Rare occurrence.
Can you get the shirts with the tour dates and everything on the back at stores? I thought that was only if you went to the concert.

Mabye on ebay. Maiden's official online store doesn't sell t-shirts with tour-dates because they want to retain the "trophy value" for those who went to the concert. At least that's the case for the Sonisphere t-shirt.

Revelations85 said:
Can you get the shirts with the tour dates and everything on the back at stores? I thought that was only if you went to the concert.

I have a Killers tour repro with the dates on the back. I can't remember where got it but it was from one of the major stores like Sears, Filenes, JC Penney, or Hot Topic.

I picked up a Aces High tee at JC Penney for my kid a couple years back; Kohls carries a couple dif Maiden tees as well.

Revelations85 said:
I'm on my second day at a new school, and I can't believe how many people are wearing Maiden t-shirts. I saw atleast three or four TFF tour shirts, a Trooper shirt, and a Wicker Man shirt, and probably more. It just goes to show that Maiden will still have a lot of fans for many years to come!
I think it is great that the younger generation like Iron Maiden. Maybe it was the parents good influence. I started with Maiden
in year eleven.

Yeah, back a few years ago during late high school, I saw a lot of metal t-shirts including Maiden. I did see more Metallica, Megadeth and Slayer t-shirts than Maiden though, but i definitely know that these people actually listen to the music. And just the other day on the train, saw a Benjamin Breeg single hoodie!

I live in Texas and I actually picked up a "Killers" shirt at, of all places, Wal-Mart, a few weeks back!  It was on sale for something like seven dollars.

some random dude at school gave me a horn salute for wearing my final frontier tour shirt  :lol:
Havent seen anyone else wearing a maiden t. All you got here is kids wearing metallica shirts...

At the school I was in, I was the only one wearing Maiden shirts. I became famous as the "blatte med hårdrocktröja och skinnjacka"

I actually did talk to a guy who likes the same music as me just once during my 3 years when I was wearing an AC/DC shirt haha

Guessing, based on your language and lack of metal people in your area, I'd say you're from Denmark?

I like how band t-shirts strike up conversation. Today, one Maiden fan wearing a TFF shirt started talking to me, and another random group of people started talking to me about it. (Their reaction to me answering their favourite song question: "THE WICKER MAAAAAAN! THE WICKER MAAAAAAAAAAN! THE WICKER MAAAAN! WICKER MAAAAAN!" in hilarious fashion. Also, my friend recognized Maiden on my shirt just from Eddie! Good; he's learning.

Genghis Khan said:
Either that or Seattle or the Land of Oz.  Take your pick.
¨¨

Shut up, smartass. :p  FYI, I can't tell the difference between Norwegian, Swedish, and Danish...  And Denmark is the least metal country, so I guessed that.

Genghis Khan said:
Either that or Seattle or the Land of Oz.  Take your pick.
Hey! There's actually more metal listeners than you'd think in Oz, or it could possibly be that I just avoid all the people who don't like metal. :p

Invader said:
¨¨

Shut up, smartass. :p  FYI, I can't tell the difference between Norwegian, Swedish, and Danish...  And Denmark is the least metal country, so I guessed that.

Just kidding.  Do you know why I mentioned those two places though?

Back