Maiden Fan Art (load time warning)

Thanks guys.

I think if I shyed away from the Riggs Eddie , then people would say (like theyve already done) that it just looks like a generic zombie.

What I'm trying to do is to capture the feel of the original covers back in their heyday. The only way to do that would be to emulate Riggs style from waaaaaay back when.
I doubt that Maiden would ever use me...I think they would only use U.K. artists , like Riggs and Grant....just my take on it , but I might be wrong.

I got an email from the Italian fan mag , so hopefully , a few of the Eddies I'm doing to sell on Ebay for the Clive MS fund will make it on the cover of their Eddie fanzine.

The 1st ones being listed sometime next week are:

1. N.O.T.B. (single) Eddie redux. (colour)

2. SIT Eddie with victim. (colour)

3. Powerslave Mummy Eddie. (Black & White w/ink washes )

I'll post the peices here so you guys can check them out.

Feel free to use them as wallpapers...no big deal....

[!--emo&:howdy:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wavey.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wavey.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Very nice work! [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Tap_Legion+Jul 12 2005, 12:46 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Tap_Legion @ Jul 12 2005, 12:46 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Feel free to use them as wallpapers...no big deal....

[!--emo&:howdy:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wavey.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wavey.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]111743[/snapback]​
[/quote]
What a nice man for a change [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[span style=\'font-size:14pt;line-height:100%\']THE PERUVIAN EDDIE[/span]

[img src=\'http://usuarios.lycos.es/maidenperu/archivos/sipanexpo.jpg\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' /]

That was Great [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

There's something that's just plainly wrong about Homer's smile in that Lovers picture (well, so was Eddie's but it expressed malicious intent, which is not Homer's intention) but that's what makes it particulary great! Kick ass work iron beast! [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Hehe, thank you. The drawing i like best of the Simpson ones arte the somewhere in time drawing.
The colors on my computer hasn't been quite right, but it is fixede now, so i can start draw again. What Maiden cover sahll I take next?

Hi guys. I merged Tap's DOTR art in with this thread, just so we don't lose such a stunning piece of art to the abyss of the old unposted threads. If anyone wants me to clean up some of the posts from that thread, just say so.

Compared to Tap's or Iron Beast's artworks this is rubbish as it was just digitally edited on a computer.
It is not intended to cause offence so please do not take it seriously.

[attachment deleted by admin]

[!--QuoteBegin-conorsdaman@hotmail.com+Aug 5 2005, 01:56 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(conorsdaman@hotmail.com @ Aug 5 2005, 01:56 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Compared to Tap's or Iron Beast's artworks this is rubbish as it was just digitally edited on a computer.
It is not intended to cause offence so please do not take it seriously.
[snapback]114155[/snapback]​
[/quote]

No offense taken here. It's actually quite well done. The IRA are terrorists (Lord Mountbatten would agree, I bet!) Those Irish who want to achieve a political goal peacefully are doing it properly.
An excellent political statement, conor.

Hey guys. I drew this one day in Science.

[img src=\'http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/2972/edwardo6cw.jpg\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' /]

What do you think?

Don't worry, Science was a study hall that day and I happened to bring Somewhere in Time and Drew Eddie from the cd.

[!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--] It's great, nice

Even though there's been countless chops of Eddie and sharon osbourne here's my own I just finished.

[a href=\'http://img407.imageshack.us/my.php?image=numberofsharon9tn.jpg\' target=\'_blank\'][img src=\'http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/404/numberofsharon9tn.th.jpg\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' /][/a]

I had a swipe at Sharon too.....this is what I did. It got posted on the Ozzfest site too.

[img src=\'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/Taranchilla/SharonEggFesttoPostcopy.jpg\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' /]

I also noticed there have been a few Simpson pics on here so I thought I would post one that I did...

[img src=\'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/Taranchilla/SimpsonsEddiecopy.jpg\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' /]

They were both just done for a laugh [!--emo&:homer:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/homer[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'homer[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:apu:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/apu.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'apu.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--quoteo(post=98202:date=Feb 19 2005, 01:04 AM:name=The_7th_Son)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The_7th_Son @ Feb 19 2005, 01:04 AM) [snapback]98202[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
If the picture isnt hosted on a website you can click 'add reply', then scroll down the page and click on 'browse' where it says 'file attachment'. Search for the picture you want to add. then click 'add this attachment' and wait for it to load. When the page refreshes, scroll down and you should be able to see your filename (e.g. picture1.jpg). Next to that there is a clickable button saying 'add into post' (or something along those lines then a little bit of html will appear in the area where you type. Post the reply and hey presto. Sorry if that isnt very clear.
[/quote]
Didn`t you read the rules MAIDEN MAIDEN MAIDEN man no metallica.

[!--quoteo(post=130968:date=Mar 6 2006, 09:50 PM:name=Blood Brothers)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Blood Brothers @ Mar 6 2006, 09:50 PM) [snapback]130968[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Didn`t you read the rules MAIDEN MAIDEN MAIDEN man no metallica.
[/quote]

This is a really bad first post, replying to a post that is over a year old...

Not to mention that it's hardly appropriate for a new member to tell a moderator about the rules. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":D\" border=\"0\" alt=\"biggrin.gif\" /]

Back