Maiden England tour film

A lot of flight 666 homestly bored me. I actually liked the documentary on En Vivo more, but I’ve had enough of Maiden tour docs.

I'd like to see more in the studio stuff. I really liked the one on Death on the Road, I find that stuff really interesting.

I would have loved a concert release from that tour.

A document with focus on the theme of the tour and individual band members talking about the tour, including setlist, performances and general vibe around revisiting that period of Maiden history, would have been a nice bonus and a bit different than what we've already seen in Flight 666 and En Vivo! Perhaps some footage and comments from the rehersals and such. It could have been relatively short.

There you go:

Disc 1
Maiden England 2012/2013 full concert footage

Disc 2
*Seven Ways to Win - tour documentary/commentary ~40min?
*Donington 2013 footage
The Trooper
Phantom of the Opera
Fear of the Dark
*2014 concert footage
Revelations
Wrathchild
Aces High (Sonisphere Knebworth - not a very good performance but well... those planes :D )

Your disc 2 :

Seven Ways to Win - how we just repainted our stage boxes and procrastinated through rehearsals to deliver yet another generic setlist
Donington 2013 footage - heres some pro bootlegs available on YT, Vimeo, in HD, not to mention the usual bootleg sources
2014 concert footage - heres some pro bootlegs available on YT, Vimeo, in HD, not to mention the usual bootleg sources #2

They also half-arsed the history pt3 documentary in regards to SiT/Somewhere on Tour.

ME would not have been so generic if SSOASS and SIT material hadn’t been done on SBIT. If we include HCW that would have been 7 songs different before ATSS and The Prisoner are taken into account.

Your disc 2 :

Seven Ways to Win - how we just repainted our stage boxes and procrastinated through rehearsals to deliver yet another generic setlist
Donington 2013 footage - heres some pro bootlegs available on YT, Vimeo, in HD, not to mention the usual bootleg sources
2014 concert footage - heres some pro bootlegs available on YT, Vimeo, in HD, not to mention the usual bootleg sources #2

They also half-arsed the history pt3 documentary in regards to SiT/Somewhere on Tour.

Yes, and those three Donington songs are indeed the ones that are generally available. I just toyed with idea of how ME tour release could have turned out and you pretty much summed up the problems of it. And possibly those are indeed the reasons why the band and the management didn't see any need for it and why The Live Chapter didn't got the proper video release treatment.

That all being said, I'd still love to see a proper, official full concert footage from that tour. The set was very generic but it wouldn't hurt to have official live-versions of songs like The Prisoner, Phantom of the Opera, Afraid to Shoot Strangers and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son with the current line-up - especially since those performances were pretty good thorough the tour.

I'd rather have a DVD covering a tour where the setlist wasn't 75% songs that had been played on previous tours within the past 5 years.

I didn't like Seventh Son performance, it was too slow. Rock in Rio was good - but audio was so shitty right until Dave's ATSS solo. I guess at that moment, the mix guy depressed the "don't push this, It'll fuck up the sound" button.

Maiden England was a tour that focused on a tour so to speak. No need to film it twice (especially since 2012-2014, the set list was awful compared to the 1988 one)

Had they stuck to the actual set list from 88 with Infinite Dreams, DWYBO, Still Life, Killers, ect, it'd have been much better instead of like a repeat or continuation of SBIT which is how it felt. After all, they dropped Rime, Heaven, Hallowed and Phantom and nearly kept everything else the same on ME adding only Prisoner, SSOASS and ATSS.... :confused:

Maiden has done so many of the tour ones...

I'd much rather have a studio documentary. What brief footage I've scene was really interesting (AMOLAD where Steve was talking about a playback of different Lord of Light takes and saying "this one has the feeling"...if I remember right, it looked like Adrian or Shirley disagreed with him. Would have loved to see the aftermath). That kind of stuff is really fascinating.

That version of the riff was awesome, because it was so tight. So Harris acknowledges it's tight because it is, but doesn't like it that way. smh...

I think the Flight 666 DVD package covered the history tour 'thing' so completely that another one for ME would be unnecessary. That said, I wouldn't mind a single-disc CD live album with the more generic tracks cut, as follows:

Moonchild
CIPWM
The Prisoner
ATSS
POTO
Wasted Years
SSOASS
The Clairvoyant
TETMD
Iron Maiden

Bit surprised we haven't had a BOS studio doco, given the buzz surrounding its release

Maiden England was a tour that focused on a tour so to speak. No need to film it twice (especially since 2012-2014, the set list was awful compared to the 1988 one)

Had they stuck to the actual set list from 88 with Infinite Dreams, DWYBO, Still Life, Killers, ect, it'd have been much better instead of like a repeat or continuation of SBIT which is how it felt. After all, they dropped Rime, Heaven, Hallowed and Phantom and nearly kept everything else the same on ME adding only Prisoner, SSOASS and ATSS.... :confused:

They also played Phantom of the Opera. Anyway, you do realise that Die With Your Boots On, Still Life, and Killers were only played at a few gigs in 1988, don't you?

In fact, the setlist they had for most of 1988 is not that far from the setlists they had for Maiden England in 2012-2014.

Doesn't matter since they were played on the gig of "Maiden England", which this tour was bound to revisit.

POTO didn't belong there in 2009 either.

Back