Maiden England '88 + History Part 3 coming March 25th!

Well, let's see...

"ok" should be "Okay" I think. "OK" is, itself, an abbreviation.
"kina" is rubbish, I agree. "kind of" or "kind-of" is fine tho'.
And, I'd prefer a question mark after: "But hey, who knows" i.e. "But hey, who knows?"

Okay, so your corrections were fine, actually. I genuinely didn't realise the original was so poor! :D

Bring on the grammer debate! Altho' let's not focus too much on spelling...

"Okay" is the correct spelling, I believe. I agree with the question mark at the end of "But hey, who knows?"
I've never seen a hyphen used in "kind of". Unless it is used as a premodifier perhaps... Can you give an example, Cried?

I just use "kind-of" ("kind of", or my "kind-of" is already non-standard English anyway) to differentiate from the actual legitimate use of the two words together e.g. "what kind of fan are you Ariana?".

I'm pretty sure you can put a hyphen between any word combinations you like e.g. I like to keep up-to-date; I used Buy-it-now on eBay; you're a silly so-and-so; etc. I don't think this is non-standard. However describing something as "kind of" this, or "sort of" that, is non-standard. (Or is that nonstandard?) And "kinda" is just a further bastardisation of this.

You should put a hyphen between words which are otherwise used separately when you use them as a noun or an adjective. An adjective typically plays the role of a modifier in a sentence and "kind of" is a modifying phrase, so there is no need to hyphenate it.

"ok" should be "Okay" I think. "OK" is, itself, an abbreviation.

"OK" is indeed an abbreviation, but not of "Okay". "Okay" is, in fact, just a phonetic spelling of the abbreviation. Apparently though, "okay" is regarded as a word by the powers that be, although I think it doesn't make any sense from a philological point of view. But whatever. We can use both here.

"kina" is rubbish, I agree. "kind of" or "kind-of" is fine tho'.

I've never seen "kind-of". Interesting.

I personally don't mind the use of "kinda". We are using contractions here, and this is a heavy metal board, so the use of slang is fine... just spell it properly.

And, I'd prefer a question mark after: "But hey, who knows" i.e. "But hey, who knows?"

Probably, but this is my personal own grumpy-old-man thing. A rhetorical question isn't a real question, so it doesn't deserve a question mark. Had he put one in, though, I'd have left it.

Because the Maiden England tour is the only reunion-era tour so far that includes Afraid to Shoot Strangers.

Also, you missed The Clansman. :p
Damn, you're right! Totally slipped my mind (on both counts). :D

Back