Maiden Audio

MrKnickerbocker

clap hands
This is certainly weird.

(Taken from Blabbermouth)

British heavy metal legends IRON MAIDEN have joined forces with Onkyo, the Japanese manufacturer of home cinema and audience equipment, for a new venture called Maiden Audio.

Although the first product from Maiden Audio will reportedly be headphones, a representative for Onkyo has said that this "will be anything but a re-badging exercise."

As part of the Maiden Audio launch campaign, which is to be kicked off at CES — the annual technology trade show currently underway in Las Vegas — the project has its own online photo tweet wall, which you can see rolling in real time at MaidenAudio.com.

Visitors to the stand are invited to take pictures of a giant statue of MAIDEN's official mascot, Eddie, either alone or of themselves posing with the statue, and tweet it using the hashtag "#MaidenAudio". Instagrams and tweets posted will make up part of the scrolling wall.

Just another notch on the Iron Maiden memorabilia bedpost, I guess. Maybe these headphones will finally make the '98 remasters sound good!

Interesting.

Makes me think of RPG games, like headphones giving +5 bonus to enjoying Maiden music. And +15% probability of playing something by Maiden on shuffle.

Iron Maiden bassist Steve Harris has worked on the sound with Onkyo’s engineers, and on talking to an Onkyo rep it appears that he's had final sign-off on the sound signature. This is the man who has been behind the production of Iron Maiden’s albums since the 1970s.

As if this is going to make me want the headphones. :p

As if this is going to make me want the headphones. :p
I tried them out at the pre party in Vegas. They were alright.. Really could use more bass, which is strange considering a bassist worked on them!!! I might just get them just to collect them, I don't think I'd actually use them. My bluetooth earphones sound better.

I so want these, mostly as a collectors item, but keep abandoning my cart mid order when I realize they are $300. I'm sure one of these days I'll pull the trigger....

I sure hope so! Although I saw no fewer than 8 people wearing them around Vegas over the weekend so who knows?

If I was going to spend $300 on headphones, I'd start looking at audiophile approved stuff.

Yeah, I think $150 seems like more my price point on those. Though, I might get a decent bonus this quarter, if it is better than expected that might be my "stupid" purchase.

The other scenario is that there's not enough sale in them and that they'll eventually discontinue them. Then the price would be even more insane if you want them as a collector item.

I justify it somewhat by reminding myself that I have like 30-40 posters and other assorted merch sitting around with no space to display or show off. This isn't much different, assuming I can use them from time to time.

Back