Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Supercharger

• Through the Ashes of Empires

• Catharsis

• Total voters
My admiration for Robb Flynn just went up another few notches. Apparently, in the metal community in America it's not always that easy to criticize racism, let alone be outspoken against racism in public. Therefore, well done Robb. Enough is enough!

You should've mentioned what prompted this:

Rob Flynn of Machine Head has criticised Phil Anselmo after he was filmed performing a Nazi salute and shouting "white power" at a gig last week. Anselmo has already dismissed the incident, saying he was joking, and addressed the controversy in a comment on the Youtube video, writing: "Ok folks, I’ll own this one, but dammit, I was joking, and the 'inside joke of the night' was because we were drinking fucking white wine". The incident took place at this year's Dimebash, a festival held in Hollywood in tribute to deceased Pantera guitarist Dimebag Darrell.

Flynn is 100% right. Nazi salutes are never, ever appropriate. Perhaps Anselmo was joking, but it was in the poorest of tastes.

I read a few articles regarding this and this isn't the first time Anselmo did something like this. Dude's a moron whose brain is probably fried by all the drugs and alcohol he consumed in his career, so it's possible he's joking but it's also possible he's racist. Dunno.

Flynn's a bit of a poser, considering MH always played what was popular at the time, but he's a good guy. Thought this was a cool thing to do.

I don't think Machine Head is one of the greats in heavy metal, but I do think that he is right here. Anselmo has always been a bit of a fucking idiot, and he probably tossed out the salute without thinking, sure.

And therein lies the problem.

You should've mentioned what prompted this:

Rob Flynn of Machine Head has criticised Phil Anselmo after he was filmed performing a Nazi salute and shouting "white power" at a gig last week. Anselmo has already dismissed the incident, saying he was joking, and addressed the controversy in a comment on the Youtube video, writing: "Ok folks, I’ll own this one, but dammit, I was joking, and the 'inside joke of the night' was because we were drinking fucking white wine". The incident took place at this year's Dimebash, a festival held in Hollywood in tribute to deceased Pantera guitarist Dimebag Darrell.
Well, I thought all this is in the video as well.

Robb takes people very close into the creative process. Very open and honest. Deep stuff. But not about petty things as in Ozzy's house or something. It's like watching a documentary about someone's thought process. The band had lots of discussions about this new song. Several are afraid that the lyrics will polarize people, or that people in the South and Midwest will be turned off. Choices, choices:

This moment when you are Donald Trump supporter and fan of Machine Head :V
I was born as a bastard, no father, no master,
A shadow in silence left searching for answers

Put up for adoption and left with no option
Another kid fostered to fester forgotten

Take a look into these desperate eyes
As they’re cast into the wretched hive

But I ain’t going down alone
Is there anybody out there?
Anybody listening to me?
Is anybody else scared?
The paranoia, drops me to my knees
Does anybody feel lonely?
Disconnected from the things I see
Anybody out there just like me?
I’m choking on these words and I can’t breathe

Now I stand as a father, to men with no honor
Ashamed of the racists I used to call brothers

Cause no flag can mean bravery,
when bloodied by slavery,
The rebel, a devil, disguised as a savior

And the sickening feeling in the air
Is the fear to speak that no one dares

So will I stand here all alone?
Anybody listening to me?
Is anybody else scared?

Live my life like I’ll die tonight
Dream like I’ll live forever

I have roared at the world for years
Doesn’t anybody hear me?
This burden suffered, I’ve paid the cost
Not all who wander are lost

Anybody listening to me?
Is anybody else scared?

Last edited:
This moment when you are Donald Trump supporter and fan of Machine Head :V
I don't agree with that statement at all, but this is not the politics thread so I will just leave it be.

This song though is fucking awesome!!! Robb said what needed to be said, fuck you Phil!! That second verse is just amazing. Well done! :shred:

Machine Head released this today. A song from their new album out late January.

I....don't...know what to say about this......

I loved Bloodstone and Diamonds. It’s one of my most favorite albums ever.

Robb Flynn has gone compelete nuts. The Trump Preisdency has made him into a lunatic. Not saying I’m pro-Trump either. Every song on this new album has been some of the most garbage music I’ve ever heard. Robb just jumps on whatever is most popular at the moment. 3:45 is just such a terrible line too.

Back