• Supercharger

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Through the Ashes of Empires

• Catharsis

• Total voters
Sounds like a gig I would have enjoyed. :D
I used to go to sleep with Chaos A.D. My mom used to say Refuse/Resist gave her a heartburn. Ah, good times.

Last edited:
I don't like Sepultura at all.

I tried few Machine Head albums and The Blackening and Unto The Locust are definitely the best, followed by Through The Ashes Of Empires. The rest is totally not my cup of tea. I actually only tried Machine Head cause I was supposed to see them live (opening for Metallica), and luckily, they only played stuff from 3 albums I mentioned :applause:

For some reason new Machine Head just falls straight into "Generic metal 2000 style" bucket...can't help it....there was something fresh about Machine Head back then that I don't fell at all now...Hey, maybe it's Machine Head for a new generation!

Now that we talked a bit about other ahem, "groove metal" bands...what about this NYC band:

The new Machine Head album is supposed to come in early 2014. They also have left Roadrunner Records for a new label, unfortunately the name escapes me. But if this new album is anything like the last two, Ill be happy.

And to my teenage eyes Robb Flynn looked so badass in 1994!
Robb Flynn still looks bad ass, in fact just saw them at the Knitting Factory just b4 the end of summer with Collin (the creator of this forum) it was definitely a bad ass concert probably the best I've seen and I have seen yes many, been a die hard fan of there's ever since I heard Darkness Within, which ironically my older brother happened to be a die hard Machine Head fan when he was my age Machine Head will last for many ages to come, at least I hope

Yes in Spokane, and yes I do like Alterbridge, Myles Kennedy has influenced my musical skills greatly They're new album fortress is pretty hardcore, but ya He's had alot of influence on me I've seen them also live another well remembered concert

They are coming here on an "Evening with..." tour in September. I already saw them once but it was nothing special since they were opening for Metallica in the middle of the day... if I see that they don't play a lot of stuff from first 4 albums I might go to this show.

Nice Collin!

Not enough old stuff in my own personal liking. I'd only be able to recognize 4 or 5 songs out of that setlist :D

Nice Collin!

Not enough old stuff in my own personal liking. I'd only be able to recognize 4 or 5 songs out of that setlist :D
Well I would definitely check out The Blackening and Locust if you haven't already, they're both very good albums.

Back