Live regrets

Id say Motorhead for sure. I'm not a mega fan but I still fell I've missed out.
I saw ACDC in a stadium a couple of years ago but I had a ticket for them in a much smaller venue in 95 or 96 and they cancelled the show. The Wildhearts were due to support and I was a massive fan of them at the time too.

Id say Motorhead for sure. I'm not a mega fan but I still fell I've missed out.
I saw ACDC in a stadium a couple of years ago but I had a ticket for them in a much smaller venue in 95 or 96 and they cancelled the show. The Wildhearts were due to support and I was a massive fan of them at the time too.

I saw Motörhead once but can’t say I heard much lol

I was going to go to that AC/DC tour too, but did go to black ice later on

Not sure if there are any. Perhaps Pink Floyd but I was't a fan yet when they were near me the last time, I think. So I can't say I had the chance.

For years it was Midnight Oil, who quit in 2002 but in 2017 they started touring again. That was very, very nice!

I missed Alter Bridge, Myles Kennedy, Michael Schenker and Slash the last time each of the 4 came through... Wasn't into Maiden when they came through last time either so I opted not to go to them either... at least I'm sure they will come back again on their next US run.

I turned down a chance to see GnR in the old days because I was annoyed at my Mum for planning to go with a friend and it was like an afterthought that I got asked.

Pink Floyd (I was only 15 at the time and my parents wouldn't let me go even if I had the chance and I was just a one year old when they still had Roger)
AC/DC
Guns N Roses
Tony Martin-Era Black Sabbath (I had a chance but I was 16 and my parents wouldn't let me go though I begged them)

Accept's reunion with Udo in 2005 and Heaven and Hell.

I regret not being able to see Bruce Dickinson live in 1998 (the date was the day before of an exam at Uni; I did not go to the gig for that reason and the exam later got postponed! :mad:) and in 2002 (I was skint and could not afford to travel to see him at a festival - I thought there would be other tours... Boy was I wrong!). Thankfully I had seen him live on the Accident of Birth tour and have seen him live on different special events in recent years (Canterbury Cathedral, Buddy Rich anniversary show, Sunflower Jam, Celebrating Jon Lord).

I missed the Ramones playing in my home town in 1991. Thankfully I could see them 2 years later.

They weren't often in Ireland, I don't think and if they were they weren't on my radar. I'm prone to flipping and flopping in my interest in the heavier side of life so it just never happened.

It must have been 1992, so Use Your Illusion era. I was really peed off because there'd never been any question of me going to see bands, but it was suddenly a priority when a friend was told she couldn't go. I think there was an age restriction too, and I always had problems getting in places right into my 30s. :D

I missed the Iron Maiden concert in Bucharest in 2008 during SBiT. I missed the only chance to see ROTAM live!:mad:

Not a big deal of course but I thought this was about bands and not tours by bands, in case a band was seen during another occasion or more.

It must have been 1992, so Use Your Illusion era. I was really peed off because there'd never been any question of me going to see bands, but it was suddenly a priority when a friend was told she couldn't go. I think there was an age restriction too, and I always had problems getting in places right into my 30s. :D

I remember the 93 tour being advertised in the paper for Milton Keynes(?) and GNR seemed like the most uncool band in the world at that point.

A lot of people just wanted them to go away

• Iron Maiden in 2007 - They were in Belgrade but my mom didn't let me go :( I did see them 3 times after, but this still hurts.
  • Amon Amarth in 2009 - I had to pick between them and Cynic, picked Cynic. Even though the Cynic show was great, I should've picked Amon Amarth because Cynic sold out later.
  • Gamma Ray in 2010 - My mom was never going to let me go and I didn't have enough money to go in secret. This was before Kai's voice was ruined and before Dan Zimmermann left.
  • The Big 4 in Sofia 2010 - I didn't go due to uni entrance exam. Considering I got in but dropped out after a year and a half, I should've chosen the concert :p
This is just the realistic stuff. I've had no chance of ever seeing Iced Earth with Barlow for example; the closest they came with him in the lineup after I started listening to them was Germany. Same goes for seeing Dio live, for example.

I've seen a lot of bands over the last few years so I've managed to avoid a lot of major regrets that I thought I would end up with. For example, I finally got to see Blind Guardian live after waiting for ten years and then saw them three years running. There are some tours I've missed out on over the years though:

1. I missed Iron Maiden at Twickenham on the Somewhere Back in Time tour in 2008. I was supposed to be going to the British Grand Prix that weekend but couldn't go to that either as my dad was in hospital. I've no idea if it would have been feasible for me to head down to London that weekend even if it wasn't for my dad or the F1 but I didn't know if I'd get to see Iron Maiden again so it was really frustrating that everything clashed that way. Obviously I've seen them loads since but that tour would've been awesome to see.
  2. I missed the Helloween/Gamma Ray tour back in 2012 because I was busy with university coursework or exam studying at the time. I've managed to see Helloween twice recently, once being Pumpkins Reunited, but I thought that might be my one and only chance to see them.
  3. Like Night Prowler, I never got the chance to see Iced Earth when Matt Barlow was back in the band. They had one UK show on that tour but it was at a festival in North Wales and at an awkward time of year for me. Sad!

I think I've seen everyone I want to see now, but I'm greedy and want to see more. Part of the reason I've been to so many concerts in the last few years is that I don't want to miss out and have regrets. Any chance I get to see a band could be my last so I'd rather go to the show and if it's not great than at least I know it wasn't great rather than live in regret.

Back