Live After Death album what was played where ?

that's interesting. what Bootlegs are availabe from direct LAD-context? all Long Beach nights? Hammersmith? I definitely need to hear them. links please?

All Long Beach and Hammersmith nights were bootlegged, although the fourth night at Long Beach bootleg seems to be fishy. The info can be found here, although this list was made some 15 years ago and new stuff may have surfaced since then:

All Long Beach and Hammersmith nights were bootlegged, although the fourth night at Long Beach bootleg seems to be fishy. The info can be found here, although this list was made some 15 years ago and new stuff may have surfaced since then:

very good. now it'd be great to know where to get the Long Beach and Hammersmith bootlges from. anybody in here can help please????

Lately I found on youtube ‘Iron Maiden - Children of the Damned - Hammersmith 10/10/1984’. I am not sure if I am allowed to put a link here but you’ll easily find it yourselves.

I did a comparison to the official release using Audacity. It is in fact the very same performance and you can clearly hear the bits and pieces they doctored on. I always wondered what those overdubs might be like since I could never tell for sure from just listening to the record. I did not know they did that to COTD at all.

Now what they did here is basically just three times replacing the vocals of the long lasting line ‘damned’, two times in the first chorus and 3rd time at the very end of the song, the very memorable long vocal phrasing over the fading last chord. Of course I have no idea whether these overdubs are studio or live recordings from other nights, but they are very well done and do not change the overall listening experience. However there is a little more pitch stamina (is that a word?) on those long notes, where Bruce tends to do some bluesy type phrasing during the performance and thus the chorus is a little closer to the studio version.
In the last chorus for me it is now very obvious where the actual cut is made because right before it Bruce is a little flat out of key and all of a sudden the next note starts clearly higher.

One more thing I noticed is that the twin guitar lead that goes into H’s solo sounds somewhat not in tune on the bootleg. This may well be because of the quality of the source but if I was to guess where the reported overdubs of ‘out of tune guitar’ (more or less their own words) happened, then for me it has to be that bit.

Please be kind: I did this just for fun and for the sake of nerdiness and for sure finding this out does not take anything away from the great Live After Death for me!

Adrian stopped playing the intro solo from the World Piece tour onwards and it stayed that way until Janick replaced him, so no, not really. It's not on any of the live recordings other than Beast Over Hammersmith.

Old post but what is this referring to? What solo did Adrian play over the intros on the tours?

The original poster is referring to the tiny little solo at the beginning of Wrathchild that is nowadays played by Janick.
That one's actually played by Adrian these days. The second one of those little solos after the middle section when it comes back to the verse riff is played by Janick. In the 90s Janick played the second verse's intro solo in both spots, in the 80s (after '82 to be exact) Adrian didn't play anything over either section for whatever reason. Presumably he didn't like those little solo bits.

That one's actually played by Adrian these days. The second one of those little solos after the middle section when it comes back to the verse riff is played by Janick. In the 90s Janick played the second verse's intro solo in both spots, in the 80s (after '82 to be exact) Adrian didn't play anything over either section for whatever reason. Presumably he didn't like those little solo bits.

I stand corrected.

Over the years I have learnt how to switch off whenever they add Wrathchild to the setlist, hence my mistake. :p

Back