Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Can anyone explain to me what's so amazing about Stormzy? His music's not for me and not awful, but it doesn't sound particularly unique or ground breaking either, yet he's treated like the fucking second coming or something. I don't get it.

He's British, and probably from London, so as well as being trendy, there's a home grown pride thing going on. Which means the BBC and the like are comfortable to jump on the bandwagon and overdo the hype while pretending to be relevant to anyone under 30.

I'm preparing the new Iron Maiden Referendum*.

title subject to change

Unlike my other two games, I'll update regularly as the number of voters won't be a problem.

The mother of all Survivors, where everything started and changed the course of Forum forever :cool:

Ace Frehley's Top 10 Sci-Fi Movies up until 1960:

1-Forbidden Planet!(1956)
2-Invasion of the Body Snatchers!(1956)
3-The Day the Earth Stood Still!(1951)
4-This Island Earth!(1954)
5-Things To Come! (1936)
6-20 Thousand Leagues Under the Sea!(1954)
7-lnvaders From Mars!(1953)
8-War of the Worlds!(1953)
9-The Thing From Another World!(1951)
10-The Time Machine!(1960)

Why I read them as Maiden songs, especially #1 and #10... :p:lol:

5-Things To Come! (1936)

Wow, Thousand Leagues Under the Sea is a great movie but I don't think he needed to dedicate an entire 15 spots do it...

The mother of all Survivors, where everything started and changed the course of Forum forever :cool:

Don't you bring up that monster again. If you could have a fistfight through the internet, that thread would have started it. :innocent:

Just to set the record straight: that album elimination disaster wasn't actually related to starting Survivor games here. Source: I'm the one who started Survivor games here, I know what I was doing. :p

Last edited:

5-Things To Come! (1936)

All of them ending with exclamation points!
Just like the text in the old 1960's Marvel Comics by Stan Lee!
Excelsior, true believers!

Just to set the record straight: that album elimination disaster wasn't actually related to starting Survivor games here. Source: I'm the one who started Survivor games here, I know what I was doing. :p

Naaaah, we haven't had anything remotely similar before that. Other games started to appear en masse during this game's final hour.
The name was different, the rules quite different but the concept (elimination) was the same. No doubt you were the one to establish the Games but not the initiator. This was 7164.

Album Elimination Thread started October 2008 and ended August 2009. Other Survivors started towards end of July 2009 days before the final curtain of that game and when only 2 albums remained.
Now that I see it again, Powerslave did a huge run against TNotB covering a difference of more tan 400 points in 20 days. Oh and we were in finals since 20 February 2009!! And I switched sides to piss you off wow :devil2::edmetal:

If you could have a fistfight through the internet, that thread would have started it. :innocent:

:D

The email scams are getting quite interesting to say the least.

“My dear Beloved one.

Please forgive me if my proposal comes to you as an embarrassment as I
had no previous correspondence with you before now,

My Donation To You In Good Faith, Let me Introduce my self to you My
Dear beloved Friend,
My Name, Is Mrs. Linda N. Arthur. I'm from Canada but my husband is an
Japanese origin, I m 61 years old and again widow suffering
from long time illness Cancer. I have the sum of $17.5M For you to use the
fund for God’s work and help the poor once arround the world. I found
your e-mail address as a real Child of
God
for over a month now that I have been praying about you to know if
really you are working according to the direction of God so after all
my prayers I am convince, and I have decided to contact you over this
project, Please if
you would be able to use the funds for the Lord’s work and help the
poor onse around the world”

And nice to see how progressive attitude towards unnecessary restrictions has changed since 2020.

Too little too late. Laughably little.

EDIT: I saw your spoiler and thought you were talking for here. My bad. There are some laughable measures of "opening" up so I thought you were refereeing to those.

Some friends with TV noticed attempts of reverse brainwashing i.e. local coverage of World Cup via national TV contains considerable time of showing crowds. I'm watching from internet there are no crowds almost. It would take quite a few World Cups to reverse brainwash that Covid isn't the end of the World, I'm afraid! :D

Last edited:
Back