Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Stockholm. Not really near the arctic circle, but close enough to learn that "midnight sun" isn't just a figure of speech. Sitting in the park at 3 am with the sun shining, ffs, I still can't get over that.
Although the sun was actually down for about one and a half hour. To have the sun not go down at all you need to be about 700 km further to the north.

But since Stockholm lies quite far east in its time zone, the sun would be up again by 3AM at the time we were sitting in that park. And yes, the Northern summer nights are great.

What's the northernmost you've been, did you ever go to artic circle? Seventh Son scenery is one of my tourist wishes.
I've been well north of the ARctic Circle and I can assure you, the places I've been at that latitude are nowhere like SSOASS scenery ... but that's probably due to the Gulf Stream.

I've been to Hammerfest several times. It used to be the norternmost town in Norway until a smaller place a bit further north, Honningsvåg, was allowed to change its status from village to town, much to the dismay of the Hammerfestians.

I should probably mention that I've also been swimming in the sea north of the Arctic Circle. It was .. well, refreshing.

Someone made a book out of Iron Maiden's wiki article.

The legacy section has like 10 pages and lists every 'notable' person who ever said something about them

Steve Harris is considered one of the most influential musicians and composers in heavy rock history. He is also the author of the lion's share of the Iron Maiden's repertoire and the creator of the archetypal composition pattern in modern metal. In addition to writing riffs, vocal melodies and lyrics for most songs, he was also involved in audio-visual production and editing. The riffs created by him are among the most unforgettable in history, as evidenced by compositions such as "The Trooper", "The Number of the Beast", "Phantom of the Opera", "Run to the Hills", "Fear of the Dark" or "Hallowed Be Thy Name". The creator of Iron Maiden has been repeatedly named the best and most influential metal bassist of all time. He is also the originator of extremely expressive, galloping bass lines. His compositional style is based on triplets consisting of sixteenths and eighth notes, creating intense rhythmic background for a double (then triple) guitar attack. Steve Harris is one of the few bass players who can play extremely fast and dense – only with his fingers!

I'm obviously too stupid but, while having some vague idea why this was announced as a "feast", I still don't understand the reason behind
Your mom can't come
Your mom can't come
Your mom can't come
Your mom can't come
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh

I'm obviously too stupid but, while having some vague idea why this was announced as a "feast", I still don't understand the reason behind
Your mom can't come
Your mom can't come
Your mom can't come
Your mom can't come
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh

That was intentionally Wicker Man, right? I'm not seeing things?

Back