Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I think it's the same accent, but a different voice. Seems smoother than Bruce's. I would bet money that it's not him.

You guys suck big time at recognizing voices, let alone your favourite frontman.
Here's the thing: I have just spent the better part of a half hour doing research on who the commentator at the 2019 Festival of Flight in Newcastle, Northern Ireland, is. I have found nothing. I really can't believe they would put Bruce Dickinson on and not use that as a selling point. Never mind selling point, even a minor bit in the announcement.

Furthermore, I found another video from the airshow and the commentator really doesn't sound like Bruce there. Have a listen:

The voices are similar, there's no doubt about that, but I have a hard time believing that this is Bruce doing the talking. If someone comes back to me and tells me that I'm wrong here, I will film myself eating my hat and post it on MaidenFans.

Haven't heard the 2nd vid yet, Diesel. But why is it so unlikely that he did it? The man is into flying and I think it fit well before the tour. He may have done one thing without everybody knowing it in advance?

Edit: heard the 2nd vid and that indeed sounds like somone else.

First vid does sound a lot like Bruce, there's some times where the voice doesn't sound quite like Bruce but the clincher for me is when he puts on the yorkshire accent to talk about Yorkshire Tea. We've heard Bruce's yorkshire impression loads of times and that is not it.

I suspect probably a lot of people in the UK that went to boarding schools like Bruce probably have that regionless generic accent.

But why is it so unlikely that he did it?
It’s definitely not out of left field for him, but the voice just sounds different. I don’t really know how to describe it. Bruce’s voice just sounds richer than this guy’s, even though the mannerisms are really similar.

Felt like sharing some other people's flying this time. These three WW2 Cubs operate out of Kjeller airport and one of them is flown by the tailwheel instructor I flew with last year. Video from Saturday.

Some Women’s Day facts for you peeps.

There are 699 699 women in Estonia.
The average Estonian woman is 44 years old.
The most common names among Estonian women are Olga, Svetlana, Tatjana and Marina. ::)

First vid does sound a lot like Bruce, there's some times where the voice doesn't sound quite like Bruce but the clincher for me is when he puts on the yorkshire accent to talk about Yorkshire Tea. We've heard Bruce's yorkshire impression loads of times and that is not it.

I suspect probably a lot of people in the UK that went to boarding schools like Bruce probably have that regionless generic accent.
See, I actually think that accent is a little more specific. There's a mashup of BBC English (a la public school), with an old fashioned London twang, not the Estuary accent that's commoner now, and a little bit of something else in there. Most people I've met who have the generic South East-ish accent don't sound like that, they have more of a drawl.

The second video doesn't have the characteristic pauses and emphasis that sounded like Bruce in the first one, though, and they're speaking far too fast.

But just to add to the intrigue, here's Bruce posing for a photo with one of The Blades, and wearing a Blades fleece himself :p

blades.jpg

Back